Skills or Perks for Jester Class

derge12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is hard to think a useful idea for skills or perks for Jesters to have in battlefield. Can someone help me?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
juggling variants with different items thrown at enemies (multiple low-damage hits)
taunting to get the enemy to attack the jester instead of the other actors
tumbling to increase evasion

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
trickery.
LOTS of trickery: duplicate targets, traps, reflected damage, hit-and-run tactics, etc.
think a combination of The Mask, Joker and Loki, all in one.
be ridiculous.... this is the one class where whatever goes.

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ooh. Good choice of class. Never thought I'd pull ideas from both Super Mario RPG and Wasteland 2 for the same moveset.
  • Annoying Taunt: Draw aggro toward the Jester (AKA, greatly ups the Jester's Target Rate). Pretty obvious flavor.
  • Killing Joke: Psychic or melee damage to one foe. Deals severe damage if the Jester has a Taunt in effect. On a hit, maybe it should end the Taunt prematurely for balance?
  • Scathing Satire: Causes a foe to enter a "rage" state (can only use normal attacks against their enemies), but severely lowers accuracy or damage. Could also lower MDF, if based on one's force of will, due to getting upset from the insult.
  • Critical Buffoonery: A passive, but no idea how it'd work in RM. If the Jester is at critical health (25% or less) but not KO'd, grants morale to themselves and their allies (ATK or DEF boost). It's flavored as satirizing the actual pain they're in, either with dramatic hypochondria or sarcasm.
  • Fainting Goat: Passive or buff upon the Jester. Could either render the Jester immune to critical hits, or let them survive at 1 HP on a fatal blow. Surviving the crit or KO could also render the Jester stunned, but I have no idea how to call a state as a reaction like that. Also, see the idea below.
  • Play Dead: The Jester spends their turn collapsing, pretending to be struck dead. They have a massive drop in Target Rate, and/or are given huge defenses, until the next round. It's like a one-turn Hide from Final Fantasy.
  • Whammo!: Smacks something big into the enemy -- a boxing glove from a cartoon mallet (or just the mallet), a huge circus ball, whatever. Either stuns the foe or ejects them from the fight.
  • Coin Trick: As a passive or a skill mid-fight, increases the Gold dropped by foes after battle.
  • Goodie Bag: Only useable mid-battle, it produces a random candy item for the inventory. This candy can't be resold, only sells for 1 Gold, etc to avoid abuse. Usually it's a decent HP candy, but can occasionally pull better stuff.
  • Psych Bomb: A limit break Jester move. Blows away three random enemies with conjured bombs, dealing severe fire or non-elemental damage. Considering it's supposed to be a "limit break", I feel it'd be fine to let an enemy party of three or less negate the randomness of what gets hit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FLXYM