Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please help me come up with ideas for Robot/Mechine class. Thank you for your contribute. Gun? Bombs? Lazer? Please help me brainstorm please

Last edited:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My fantasy for this type of class usually leads to a dynamic where you are constantly upgrading it over the course of a battle. For example, a party heal skill that permanently increases the Robot's Max HP for the rest of the battle, an expensive attack skill that also makes the Robot's single-target skills into AoE for the rest of the battle, a passive trait that increases the Robot's ATK stat for the rest of the battle every time he kills an enemy, and so on. The robot can start battles off pretty weak, and by the time you've stacked several of these upgrades onto him, he becomes a juggernaut by the end of the fight.

This type of design works best when you, as the designer, have mechanics in place to generally control (and limit) the length of battles. It could be problematic if your normal encounters last 2 turns and your boss battles last 30 turns, unless you have some kind of mechanic in place to control the pace at which the robot accumulates upgrades (perhaps instead of lasting until the end of the battle, they last until the robot has taken X amount of total damage). But in a blue-sky, initial design phase, this kind of semi-permanent upgrade structure is what sticks out in my mind as a really cool way to create a robot/mech type of class.

Bone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
His skills/states should be tied to the world he is from and their level of technology. Like, would he need constant refueling or is he super advanced to the point that he can auto repair/regenerate. Is he humanoid looking or a tank like Johnny 5? Can he attach weapons to himself cause that opens a variety of possibilities.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Wavelength, please try again and sorry I put to expectation and restrictions on your creative thoughts. Nice to meet you again I do see you again along time.
@Bone, thank you and nice to meet. Please try again of you want. It would be to hard to create a new system for a Mechine class. I think simple skills or states would be best. This thread can be use for other beginner resources.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twofacegibby