Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I am new here and is not the reason to be lazy to beg for any solution. I "DID" searched and researched myself before I start post this, which means I gave up at that point on few reasons.

- RGSS3 is too new for me but able to decipher some however.

- A month old of RPG-Maker (all of it, even though I only have VX Ace which bought it like about a month ago)

- Researched to find the existed answers (even some are off-topics) but come ended with no related to my problem (some does but didn't work due to unable understanding of RGSS3 codings)

So I am posting here to ask if anybody would know how to solve this problem I have and tell me how to get it worked.

You see... I gathered and add-installed most of Yanfly, half of Tsukihime's and few from random others (not very famous but useful scripts however)... but they should not be affected at this point since i didn't add any most of those coding-commands.

I am currently creating some skills for test-run to make sure each skill do work properly with various effects before I even start create a story-related game.

Here. the first skill of Warrior-jobclass I come with... and the problem that I cannot solve the problem.

Name - Stomp

Description - Deals the better damage than a conventional attack. Recoiled by own DEF been reduced temporary.

As the description said, it deals the damage that is bit more than a normal attack but will lower user's DEF for two turns to recover his DEF back normally. That I am totally fine with it as I learned how to do the lunatic-damage thing... only one thing that I am not fine is its state of "Stomped" where it will affect user's DEF to reduce.

Tried everything I could make the Warrior user receive the recoil-state and this one is the only one I got it worked inside the Lunatic Damage, combined the valve to damage the enemy while set the state on the user for "Stomped" to reduce his DEF stat by 75% (or 25%? i am bit confused which one is correct for this as I don't want to say it by a mistake... When I say DEF = 100, i mean with this state DEF become 75, not 25.)

when /STOMP/i value += a.atk * 1.5 - b.def / 2 a.add_state(27)BUT!!!

The VERY strange bug I had discovered after that codiing got worked is... The affected user had been forced to skip two turns instead to able perform anything (attack, skills, items, etc). I am sure you could wonder to question me "Did you check the restrictions? If you want to make him able to perform anything while been affected, set it None and that should do."

Like I said, the very strange bug... I had checked the restriction of that 27th state many times even you would ask me to check it the million times, it does say "None" from very beginning and YET the affected hero is STILL skipping two turns for no reason.

I did tried to coding it separated as the add-state in Lunatic States, didn't work even though I did looked around for the solutions they found which is remained not working (to damage the enemy does work but the user never get affected by state as if it totally forgot to trigger the add-state).

Few tries and the state inflicted on the enemy instead the Warrior, even another strange bug by "self.add_state" coding (yes, "self" become enemy instead user! strange, huh?)

So... that's the problem I have. The skip-turns bug that I want to debug this but unable to success.

Anybody have a good thought to debug this problem? Is there something I could have overlooked, even though I am not too nerd of RGSS3 (sorry)?

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump~

Nothing? =(

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's probably just me, but at the end of the day my brain seems unable to process all that text at once.

Did you try putting the "a.add_state" inside the damage formula for the skill? If yes, please try it again and post a screenshot of the skill.

Also, please post a screenshot of the state you are adding.

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, that's the thing... it's already in "Lunatic Damage". Those both in one same skill-spot. =/ I did wrote the code in box up here is the same script I wrote in if I were to post a screenshot.

But if you say so, hold on a minute...

Here, it's in this post's... uh... image-thing? lol.

That is what it actually worked... except to force the skipping-turns part. Here the proof of "Stomped" state (27) is, in first spoiler one.

It's pretty same as the codes I first posted up here. I did followed somebody's solved post and it worked.

StrangeBug.png

That's where I called the custom damage to Lunatic Damage (ignore "While effect" one, it does not work and i kept forgot to remove it)

StrangeBug3.png

Proof of the "restriction".

StrangeBug4.png
Test-run Display (not in animated, sadly. lol)... If you would look carefully on the "my turn" tiny thing box around the actor's faceset down there (only found in last one)... Normally, "First Guy" (is still in progress to name them) should be the first guy to perform any action by player... but with Stomped in effect on First Guy, he is been forced to skip his turn for no reason (unable to "cancel" to return back to First Guy)

Perfect run!

StrangeBug2.png

Another perfect run!

StrangeBug5.png

Failed!

StrangeBug6.png

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sadly, i haven't really been doing any battle-related stuff, so i can just guess at this point.

Did you try putting the skill and state in a new project, removing all 3rd party scripts except Lunatic damage?

Since you don't need a script to do this, did you consider just moving the whole damage formula into the formula field?

What meaning does the notetag <reapply reset> inside the state have?

Also, what scripts are you using and in what order?

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I will try to do that on the temporary-dummy project. Thanks for suggesting though. :)

ah, i forgot to tell what <reapply reset> does... even though anybody who have YEA's script, "Lunatic State" but okay. You know we can even "re-buff/debuff" it repeatly in a row, right? so if you would code it like +2 turns per applying the state... Let's say you used Stomp five turn-times in a row while Stomped state will be removed in two turns, so basically you will be stomped for ten turns (but due to few turns had been used, so it make -5 which you have five turns left to wait for stomped state to be removed)... but with Reapply-reset, it reset the counter of state-countdown, so no matter how many you used Stomp in a row, it will refresh the two countdown turns, maxed, which will make you have one turn left to NOT use Stomp in order to remove Stomped state. Make sense?

Actually, I did followed exact order as YEA, Tsukihime (does not say anything but I just feel like want to), and Victor recommended to do that order they formed, so it should be pretty much same order as you would see the list of theirs... So I should not have any problem with the order... I think? lol...

But I will try to check the dummy project and test to see if it does same thing or not.

EDIT - After tested with only two scripts, Ace Battle Engine and Lunatic Damage... it actually works as he can perform the turn while is stomped... but it raise a new question which I could unable to figure out (for sure), what cause this bug? .__. There are ALOT of scripts to check...

Last edited by a moderator:

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I browsed a bit through Yanfly's scripts and it's not Lunatic States, but the Buff & State Manager. You should never assume, that other people know the scripts you are using.

Regarding the bug/incompatibility, noboby will be able to help you without a complete list of scripts. I advise you to put this script on top of everything else and in turn disable every script until you find out the cause: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/18669-disable-scripts/

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah, I kept forgot about that manager one, lol.

Well, I will re-test with that Manager and see if it works with it... if so, then it's not the problem between those three scripts but somewhere else does.

Oh well... If it does, then I don't see why should that manager locked his turns out like that...

*after some test runs on main project* Nothing... I don't understand why the Lunatic-States' <While effect> does not work properly... I mean, do I need to write "when /STOMPED/i" under "when /COMMON WHILE/i"? Like this?

when /COMMON WHILE/i

when /STOMPED/i

a.add_state(27)

while fill "<while effect: STOMPED>" in skill's notebox?

If incorrect to place the code (not that notetag, i mean the "when /stomped/i") in, then can you tell me where to place it in correct place so that I can understand where to place any more states in future?

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump?

I am still stuck with this. =(

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Guess there is nobody who can find out this strange bug and force myself to redo this Stomp to something else to continue my work?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.
I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scurvyDan