Zarchiel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to create skills that follow a trajectory from hero's position to enemy with a single animation?

EX:
upload_2019-9-18_9-36-5.png

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not possible without extremely complex event branching or custom plugins. If you're not already a truly expert user of RPG Maker, don't attempt it.

However, you can have a single animation (like swinging the sword slightly up) use movement in Yanfly's Action Sequences to move the user to a position where it looks like they are aiming at their target. For example, if the animation is swinging the sword slightly up, then you'd want to move "Henchman" to a spot slightly below (and to the left of) the target he is aiming at, and then take the swing. Yanfly's Action Sequences allows you to do that.

By the way, your signature picture is adorable!

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you disable the formation thing, you can do this by creating a custom animation. and making the animation go from one part of the screen to the enemy. It's a patch job yes, but it works

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl