NowiFate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,

I have the Yanfly Auto Passive State Plugin. I want my actors to learn passives, so I did it through skills that would be hidden in battle, so that a player can see which passive skills they have in their Skill Tab. See here how I wrote the skill.

Shadow Retreat Skill.png

However, I think I might have done something wrong in the skill. Whenever the condition of the state is being met (HP below 50%) the Skill called 'Shadow Slash' does not show up in the actor's Skills for me to use. To check, I also put it on a weapon, where I put <Passive State: 20> and it worked perfectly fine. I put this Skill which should activate the passive on one of my weapons.

If you figured out what I did wrong, please tell me!

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's a lot of missing info you've failed to provide, like the setup for the Passive State itself. Not only that, your setup of <Passive State: 20> is backwards. According to the setup you've shown, its a Skill that grants a Passive State if an actor actively has that Skill.

However, it sounds like you want to start with a Passive State that grants a Skill when the condition of '50% HP or less' is meet. Set it up like this:
Auto Passive State.png
Now, you don't need to 'Hide' anything as the skill won't be available if the passive state isn't active. You still need to give the actor the state though, either directly on the actor or on a piece of equipment. Now, if you want to hide the passive state yourself, simply exclude the icon & set the state's Priority really low, like 0 or 1.

NowiFate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a lot of missing info you've failed to provide, like the setup for the Passive State itself. Not only that, your setup of <Passive State: 20> is backwards. According to the setup you've shown, its a Skill that grants a Passive State if an actor actively has that Skill.

However, it sounds like you want to start with a Passive State that grants a Skill when the condition of '50% HP or less' is meet. Set it up like this:
View attachment 197508
Now, you don't need to 'Hide' anything as the skill won't be available if the passive state isn't active. You still need to give the actor the state though, either directly on the actor or on a piece of equipment. Now, if you want to hide the passive state yourself, simply exclude the icon & set the state's Priority really low, like 0 or 1.
Ah, thank you for the detailed reply. I didn't add a screenshot of the State itself because I know that the problem isn't in there. From your explanation I got that basicly you can't put a Passive State on a skill? Because I don't want such a skill in the Skill list because it's not an active. So I should find another way of learning a character a Passive State.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The setup I showed you is exactly how it should be.
Now, you don't need to 'Hide' anything as the skill won't be available if the passive state isn't active.
You're trying to do it backwards. You give the actor the passive state, either directly or by equipment. If the actor's HP is above 50%, state won't be active. State is required to have skill. No active state, no active skill. HP falls below 50%, state becomes active, skill becomes active. Recover HP above 50%, state becomes inactive, skill becomes inactive. It's as simple as that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adultcart1