Skills trigger later in fight.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Blair Pendragon, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Blair Pendragon

Blair Pendragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So, I was wondering (with events) if its possible to have an ability give you a buff, then after 10 turns, wear off, then give that character a different buff? (all character can use this ability)

So lets say, I gain Attack power for 5 turns, then it wears off, and I gain magic Attack power for 5 more turns, then finally wears off.

And or maybe 5 turns I have X buff, then 5 turns the enemy has a debuff, etc.

I'd assume it has something to do with the troops page, mixed with common events, but i wouldnt know where to begin looking.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
  2. kerbonklin

kerbonklin Hiatus King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Easiest solution would be Yanfly Lunatic States, just sayin.

ALTHOUGH

You can make a complex common event + troop event system with the skill that detects what actor used the skill (or who it affected), then applies a switch. Using battle events that happen once per turn, have some kind of variable countdown work when the switch is found ON, and then when the countdown finishes, have a evented randomizer give the same actor a new buff and turn the switch OFF.

3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    or use the Progressive States script (if my naming is right), it allows you to set states to "transform" into another state after it ends

4. kerbonklin

kerbonklin Hiatus King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Or that would be 10x better and easier and more efficient.

5. Blair Pendragon

Blair Pendragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, I'd like to stay away from scripts, as I've had my share of headaches with them.
    But thanks for the advice.
    I'll probably do something else, as thats going to take away too much of my time, when I can just make other ideas :p

Good, to know its possible though, in case I am forced to do something like it later.