Skills with multiple possible visual effects

Mellye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Made by request.

This plugins allows you to have some skills with multiple possible visual effects.
For example, if you don't want your fireball to always look exactly the same, you might create a few variations of the effect and list them here in the Note field of the skill.

<random_vfx:ID,ID,ID,ID,ID,etc>Examples:<random_vfx:32,12,56><random_vfx:81,82,83,84,85>Careful: setting it with wrong formating will likely crash the game. Use only numbers, separated from each other by comma. Each number is the ID of an Animation in the database.

You should usually also leave the "Animation" field as "None", otherwise you'll have two animations playing at the same time. But this can actually be a desirable feature: a part of your VFX would be constant, and another part would be random.

Legal:
You can use this on any type of project. No warranty.

Download:
http://pastebin.com/399YgNGv

Last edited by a moderator:

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much for making this! I hope it'll help a lot of people, not just me.

Black Noise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice. But I'm having a problem.

I'm testing your plug-in with this firearm based skill I call "Three Shots", which I've animated with the use of Yanfly's Action Sequence plug-ins where basically I've

coded it to play the assigned gunshot animation three times.

Since I installed your plug-in, I created several versions of that animation where the gunshot occurs in different areas to emulate the spread of different shots and

coded them into my "Three Shots" skill. 

I tested it but found it to play four Gunshot animations - the first being one of the random animations I coded and the last three being the one assigned in the Maker.

Okay, so then I set the skill's animation to "None" as you have instructed, tested it again and...

Similarly, one of the random animations played but then there was no animation at all for the actual three "shots" - that is the instances damage is dealt to a target coded via

the Action Sequence plug-ins.

So maybe you could work on it so it could be compatible with them. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth