Trasdill

Grumpy Knight
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to forcibly end an actor's turn, even during their input phase. My goal is to time-limit each actor turn for added tension during combat. I'm using Yanfly's STB as my base system with BARREY_CommonEventsInBattle for running CEs more easily.

Here's what my current setup looks like:

- At actor's turn start, timer is launched via common event
- In a battle Event (set to Don't Run, Moment):
  • Conditional Branch, if Timer = 0
  • Force Action (empty "Wait" Skill)
I tried Force Action as I noticed that with Yanfly STB, forcing an action ends the battler's turn. However it does not seem to work during an actor's Input Phase. Ultimately, what I want is the Actor's turn to end once the timer hits 0, and the game to move on to the next battler in the Turn Order.

The timer system itself is simple and triggers events successfully; I just don't have any idea how to properly end an actor's turn or force an action to do so. Attempts to call the Turn End functions in Yanfly's Plugin have crashed the game, so clearly I am missing something.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Maybe add a 1 turn stun to the wait skill? Idk, just throwing out guess here :p

Alisu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless something in the battle system you use handles it specifically differently, an event page set to "Don't Run" never runs. It just sits there looking pretty.

Trasdill

Grumpy Knight
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
... Well, that was silly of me :p

I've set the timer event to flip a switch when it reaches 0, and set the battle event to trigger when said switch is ON. The event now works...

... except it only triggers once the Actor has launched an action (i.e. I select an action, target, etc., and right before it executes, the event triggers).

So my initial problem still remains: battle events don't seem to trigger so long as an Actor is in the Input phase. Is there any way to override this?

(Note: running the Force Action command directly from the Common Event doesn't seem to work either; the actor just remains in limbo until I manually perform the skill that is being forced, and then battle resumes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrKaito