UncannyBoots

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As title says, I'm wondering if there's a way for the game to auto-skip an actor's turn if they have a status (like paralysis) inflicted upon them? Kind of like in Pokemon, if you've ever played it, if they are caught in a 'wrap' attack, the actor will not be able to move until the attack is finished. And while this is the case, their command window will be skipped and won't reopen until the state is gone.
I set the status restriction to "cannot move" but the actor command window still appears and I am still forced to select a command, like guard. But I don't want the actor to be able to do anything.
Is this possible in VX Ace? Sorry if there's an obvious solution but I just don't see it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I set the status restriction to "cannot move" but the actor command window still appears and I am still forced to select a command, like guard.
the cannot move restriction works exactly as you want in the default battles - that is its whole function after all.
so if it doesn't do it that way, then you used scripts to change the default battlesystem, and you need to tell us what scripts you used to find out how those scripts work and make a function compatible with those scripts.

UncannyBoots

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the cannot move restriction works exactly as you want in the default battles - that is its whole function after all.
so if it doesn't do it that way, then you used scripts to change the default battlesystem, and you need to tell us what scripts you used to find out how those scripts work and make a function compatible with those scripts.
Well shoot I guess you're right, it does skip the actor's turn for paralysis by default. I copied the default paralysis from an empty project into my own and it also works as it should in my project, so it's not a script thing.
So now I'm left wondering what checkbox tells a state to make it skip an actor's turn, because I have "cannot move" in my own custom state and it doesn't skip the actor's turn.
I'll fiddle with the settings some more and will come back here to update
EDIT: Well I have no idea why this is but I unchecked "Remove by Restriction" and now it's working (actually now I get it, I think. That checkbox automatically removes restrictions. What is the point of that?). So yeah, there you go lol. Thanks though, I wouldn't have thought to check the default skills anytime soon if it weren't you pointing out that it works by default.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I found a book about game localization. It costs R$708,00 on Amazon. ;_;
I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! My dad and I have forgiven each other, so we're planning to spend Spring Break together. We'll probably go to SeaWorld and Aquatica one day, and maybe even use my air fryer to make something to go with Dad's grilled steak. The train leaves tomorrow, and I'll be working on my game on board!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Red_panda18