Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm using a skip title screen script, I'm showing 2 images at the beggining then transfer player to the real "start game" map, but when I try to use the same image number which was used "at the beggining" , it won't show. Any other number works, but those two numbers which images at the begginig used, won't work.
I tried other skip title scripts too, but it happens the same.

What can I do?

This is the script I'm using:

Code:
#==============================================================================
# Skip Title Screen                                           JV Master Script
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Skip Title Screen, going to first game map.

# Scene Title
class Scene_Title < Scene_Base
  def start
    SceneManager.clear
    Graphics.freeze
    DataManager.setup_new_game
    $game_map.autoplay
    SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)
  end

def terminate
    SceneManager.snapshot_for_background
    Graphics.fadeout(Graphics.frame_rate)
  end
end

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It probably has nothing to do with the script. The normal flow of images is
show picture
move picture
move picture
erase picture

Did you do the erase part?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Image numbers can be reused, and they only work until the picture is erased. If the script automatically erased those two images after it completes its tasks, you'll need to make a new show picture reusing the number to assign it again.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yes , I have the Erase Picture command, even twice. Erase picture 1/2 after start map is over, and erase picture 1/2 when the new map starts to be sure they're deleted.
Yet, when I'm using show picture, numbers of picture 1/2 are not usable/visible anymore. This happens only when I use this script, before this script (and other skip-titlte scripts) everything was working normally.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Give us some screen shots of the events. It's not the script. Might be another script causing issues. What other scripts do you have?

But it is also very weird as that is the editor not the game. Why would the editor stop you from using 1. it's the default choice when showing picture

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I think I have found the "culpit".
It was MOG's picture effects.
Can someone look over it please?

Here is his script:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok so what are your event commands for showing the pictures? Because like I was trying to say the editor will not stop you from selected 1. It actually will give you 1 by default. Having this script in a test game causes an issue that is not your problem. I can show 1000 pictures all set to id of 1 and it works.
Testing this script with the default example works fine. I showed a picture twice with the same id.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ok, there is something really strange with these scripts happening in my game, even in my test project.
So, if I use these scripts both together , after transfer map, when I'm trying to show picture 1/2 for first time, it will not work. But second time it will work.
Not sure why this happens, but happens only when these scripts are both together.

Here is a test project to see for yourself:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-3DGSz82qbEZ3ZRZUltbVE5bms

First pictures 1 and 2 at the beginning > transfer map > picture 1 and 2 will not show first time, but if you open them second time (after first time disappear) they will work

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hisao Shou we don't need your project - what we need to see to help you is a screenshot of the event where you try to use the pictures.
That has been asked for several times already - if you don't know how to do screenshots or how to attach them, just say so and we'll guide you through that.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The location of the erase pictures was wrong. Placing them inside the choices menu isolates them.
order.PNG
You also don't need to make this on two tabs. the one is fine.

Also from your demo if you talk to the girl and show picture 1, then repeat the image will work because it is able to process the command correctly since the picture is finally erased.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
What if there would be nested conditional branches on a autorun event?
If I put Erase Picture outside the conditional branch, it will delete the picture again and again because it is put on autorun.
Also, why is that without script it works fine, but with it is not?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I do not have the technical knowledge to tell you why it works without the script. But I would say that the script causes the choices function to behave differently. I've experienced it myself on different things. Adding in waits or moving parts around to find a method that works.
You only have autorun typically if you are doing something once or for a event that will happen every time the player enters that area. But it has to have an ending so erase event is usually used if it is to be repeated and self switch if it never happens again.

What if there would be nested conditional branches on a autorun event?
If I put Erase Picture outside the conditional branch, it will delete the picture again and again because it is put on autorun.
It is up to you to find methods that work for your eventing.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I need autorun to show the images I need. On the original event I'm using these scripts for a custom made start screen made with images.
So I'm not using any choices for that, only conditional branches.

I've been trying almost everything, from moving that conditional branch on another event page, to removing some other event commands or adding more images...
As long these two scripts are present, it will not work.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So are you using something like what this guy did? If not look at it. it should help.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It didn't work , BUT , I've been playing with Picture Effects scripts a little and I made it work somehow.
I need someone to tell me if this will make the game crash though... I mean, in what conditions it will crash, or what would happen?

What I did was to delete 2 code lines:

Code:
# ■ Game Interpreter
class Game_Interpreter

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # ● Set Pictures
  def set_pictures
      return $game_troop.screen.pictures if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Battle)
  #This Line ->    return $game_map.screen.pictures if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Map)
  end

and

Code:
  # ● Clear Picture Position
  def clear_picture_position
      pictures = $game_troop.screen.pictures if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Battle)
# This line ->      pictures = $game_map.screen.pictures if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Map)
      return if pictures == nil
      pictures.each {|p|
      p.position = [-1000,nil,0,0] if p.position[0] > 0 or p.position[1] == nil}   
  end

end

Not sure what they did though, I'm not good with programming.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Humans have such a capacity to assign personalities and love to objects. We do this because we love them. It's interesting then that our fears over AI are that they won't love us back and will instead hate us.
I'm actively looking for people who want to recreate classical compositions in the public domain for RPG Maker games. I've got a whole kick going on of looking for several resources from anyone which would be sharable amongst commercial games. This latest pursuit is something I'm surprised no one else has started doing.
I played Deltarune chapter 2 today! It was great. No spoilers, but I hope one day I can design a world as interesting as Toby Fox and team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bl1tz16