BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HIME has a version that can work better for that (and it's also mutually compatible with this if you need another one to handle certain testing cases). But if you only need one and end up choosing this plugin, the parameter you want to be using for that is labeled "skip title screen entirely" - set that to ON and you're good to go.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know about any HIME plugin that does this. HIME works don't list such a plugin.

But adding that code for the menu is simple, I'll see if I'll do it later today.

Last edited:

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Renchu
New version 1.11:

- Can skip the title screen entirely (again). It skips ALL calls (code and menu and startup) to the title-screen.
- Added a new plugin parameter so you'll have to re-add this plugin.

Last edited:

Renchu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!! Thanks for adding. I deleted the old version (both in the plugins menu & in the folder) and added the new one, but now the game is starting exactly where I didn't want it to: the Title Screen. Even with both parameters on...
I tried renaming the plugin file and adding it again to the folder, but then the game started in a black screen. Am I doing something wrong? D:

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't rename the file. Filenaming is very important because of the plugin parameters.

Try downloading the Master demo, does it work there? What did you do differently? It works for me.
1. Delete the old skip title screen plugin (F10).
2. Add the newly downloaded one and replace the old file with it.
3. Add it again to the plugin list (F10).

Renchu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's weird! The plugin does work on the Master demo, but not in my project -- no matter what I do.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I replied to your PM. That should work for you.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Renchu
The reason the newer versions of my plugin skip the title-screen entirely is that on some systems the title screen became briefly visible and some users keep this plugin active in their release version.

Personally I remember moving my initialization code to a better spot (not in the title screen) but in some custom black scene.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I see. Yeah, we solved it the same way.

@Renchu
I could also add some parameter to optionally still load the title screen scene for executing events there for those that want that but I see no point in implementing it as it just promotes bad coding/design (I think).
Also, you can just use my parameter "Starting Scene" and click on "Text" to enter your custom scene where you do your game initialization. Isn't that a much better approach?

This advanced title skipper plugin should now do everything one could expect I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
Damn. All these new features to the forums. Takes some getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeoOtrue