Skipping a turn in combat.

TheObermotz1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
How does one inflict a condiction on one of their own characters AND deal damage to an enemy with the same ability in the same turn? From what I can see, it's only possible to inflict a condition on your enemy (and your enemy only) as you're attacking them or inflict a condition on yourself but not hurt the enemy.

Is there a way, I can pull of both?

My goal is to include a character in my game that skips a turn after every move (he has to reload [=become paralized for one turn] after every offensive move).

MHRob

Card Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try using this damage formula on the skill that the special character uses:

a.add_state(714); 15

And make the scope target an enemy.

The #714 is just an example state, but you can make it any state you want and can use it to restrict that character, while also doing damage to the enemy, which is the 15. You could probably use a different damage formula where the 15 is instead, it was just an example. You can also add status effects via normal means to affect the enemy as usual. or just use b.add_state(714) instead for the enemy.

For an example, when your characters use a skill, a usually means the user, and b the enemy.

I apologize if this doesn't do what you are trying to achieve.

TheObermotz1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Sweet, it seems to do the trick! There's just one problem remaining...this characters normal attack.

All characters' standard normal attack is ability #1, but can I change that for just one single character (to...let's say ability #23)?

Currently, all characters share the normal attack (=ability #1). For this character, I would need to create a new 'normal' attack, since he needs to skip his next turn. But all the other characters aren't supposed to skip turns, so they need the normal 'normal' attack.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To use a different skill instead of skill #1 you will need to use a script. This one is very straightforward to implement.

TheObermotz1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
That looks promising, but I don't understand it completely yet. But I think this is it!
There's just so much stuff I still don't know about...

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What theme for the next windowskin? You'll decide. Tell what you wanna see and I'll try for.
I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Is the running performance of MZ output to Android platform smoother than MV output?
FINALLY GOT ALL 120 STARS IN SUPER MARIO 64!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meppo