Skipping victories and aftermaths with Yanfly - Victory Aftermath?

Genocidal Dave

The greatest Hi you're ever gonna meet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
Hi.

Is it possible to skip victories and aftermaths with a script/comment call and then enable it again?

By skipping I mean totally skipping everything. Drops, exp and gold.

The reason is that the intro has four enemies, three events and I don't want the victory music to play or the aftermath window opening.

EDIT: Also being able to change the BGM after battle would be nice. (Victory Aftermath)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lustermx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
From what I can see from the screenshot that Yanfly provided, there is a switch which allows you to enable/disable it

The switch should stop gold and exp and everything as well. (At least it does on the VX version)

And changing the BGM after battle? There's event commands for that.

Genocidal Dave

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
From what I can see from the screenshot that Yanfly provided, there is a switch which allows you to enable/disable it

The switch should stop gold and exp and everything as well. (At least it does on the VX version)

And changing the BGM after battle? There's event commands for that.
By skipping the thing I mean temporarily.

Also by changing the BGM I mean the BGM during the aftermath.

Lustermx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You can skip it temporarily using the switch.

Simply turn it on to skip it and when you want it back, turn the switch off again.

Genocidal Dave

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
You can skip it temporarily using the switch.

Simply turn it on to skip it and when you want it back, turn the switch off again.
You mean with a script/comment call, but not through the script itself right?

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You mean with a script/comment call, but not through the script itself right?
No...as in a regular, good ol' eventing switch. That's what it uses.

Anything in scripting that's a True/False switch is the same as an eventing switch. Make sure you set the switch # to something you're not already using, and name it properly so you don't forget.

Genocidal Dave

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
No...as in a regular, good ol' eventing switch. That's what it uses.

Anything in scripting that's a True/False switch is the same as an eventing switch. Make sure you set the switch # to something you're not already using, and name it properly so you don't forget.
Oh, crap. I'm not good at that :S

Any chance that someone could just walk me through it step by step?

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to script support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Genocidal Dave

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to script support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
My apologies.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, crap. I'm not good at that :S

Any chance that someone could just walk me through it step by step?
No offense but it's an extremely simple thing and I was hoping you could have done this by yourself in 5 seconds.

Make a new event switch in your map editor, name it "No Aftermath".  Keep in mind the ID number of the switch.

Now go to the script where it says SKIP_AFTERMATH_SWITCH = 0, and change the 0 to your switch ID.

Now just have whatever NPC / autorun event you want change that switch to ON, and there should be no more aftermath. If not then try OFF instead, but "skip" being ON sounds more logical.

Genocidal Dave

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
No offense but it's an extremely simple thing and I was hoping you could have done this by yourself in 5 seconds.

Make a new event switch in your map editor, name it "No Aftermath".  Keep in mind the ID number of the switch.

Now go to the script where it says SKIP_AFTERMATH_SWITCH = 0, and change the 0 to your switch ID.

Now just have whatever NPC / autorun event you want change that switch to ON, and there should be no more aftermath. If not then try OFF instead, but "skip" being ON sounds more logical.
Oh right. I understand now. Thanks :s

EDIT: It works. Thanks again. This thread may now be closed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The presentation pictures for FSM Castle Tiles are really bad, there is so much more content in this DLC than they show. Great DLC.^^
Anyone know/remember Mummy's Tomb / Crystals of Zong for C64? Trying to recreate it for One Map Challenge. Fun. And ... er ... challenging!

Listen.. I er... caught the live stream. :LZSwink:
The MZ first look stream was quite good. Looks like we get a lot of generator parts right off the bat this time around. Lots of cool clothes, helmets, facial marks, etc. Looking forward to playing around with it. :)
Any tips on how to share resources in here? Should I upload them in a image hosting site or Google Drive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baekyam3