Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Couldn't leave a review on the store like I could in the past, so thought I would post here!

I was looking for assets for my futuristic game and this pack was right up my alley! As mentioned, the battlepack has resources scaled for Ace and MV. As I'm interested in MV, I'm pleased to see that the 4 battlebacks looked gorgeous and not at all stretched, and could easily fit into any fantasy and sci-fi setting. 

The 6 battlers feature the three already shown in the screenshots - 'corrupted elven mage', 'lord-alias-thra' who looks like a badass elven lich, and the one I was interested in, the 'elven golem' which looks like a futuristic robot too. The other battlers are a fearsome seven-headed magic-casting creature named 'elven nightmare', an amazing 'mana dragon' which looks like a dragon cyborg (thus perfect in a sci-fi setting), and the pleasingly painted female human character named Shayde.

The facesets of 7 for both Ace and MV - including the man I'm guessing to be Felix - are a nice bonus. Although it doesn't quite match the Ace and MV RTP art styles, someone will surely find use for them. I think I could nicely use the elven golem/robot in my game too. 

Another really lovely bonus included are the sprites, downed sprites and side view actors for Felix and Shayde in MV format! My only comment for this battlepack is that the head of the Corrupted Elven Mage seems small compared to the rest of his body - he could be wearing bulky armor, sure, which also appears to be covering his neck. I also wonder whether I missed the Felix battler in another pack. In any case, great work, Michael, and thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the review Alkorri,

you didn't miss Felix, he was released long ago during the bi-weekly free battler.  However, I feel like my style and quality of work has evolved and improved since then, so I will be releasing a free update with a new Felix battler, and some promo art I just finished up for the pack (which would work as a loading screen as well).

Felix has himself evolved as a character since I first created him, and he deserves something a bit better than the foppish clown he was portrayed as last time!

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will be releasing a free update with a new Felix battler

Much appreciated, Michael! I'm looking forward to your other work too.

Don't mean to be nosy, but perhaps you could put banners of your packs and future packs in your signature so people can keep track :)  Cheers 

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Much appreciated, Michael! I'm looking forward to your other work too.

Don't mean to be nosy, but perhaps you could put banners of your packs and future packs in your signature so people can keep track :)  Cheers 

That seems like a pretty good idea!

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It was a great thing to hear from Felix and Shayde again and the pictures of Skyforge reminded me a lot on the two Steampunk games from Dancing Dragon. Since we are at the good ideas, wouldn't it be also a good idea to put all the Bi-Weekly Battlers in a single pack probably with a small title picture for download for the new users here? I doubt that everyone knows of all the cool battlers that are hiding in this forum.

P.S.: do you think there is a chance that you will again contribute the high res graphics of Skyforge to the next Humble Game Making Bundle like you did last year with the Sci-Fi Battlebacks?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It was a great thing to hear from Felix and Shayde again and the pictures of Skyforge reminded me a lot on the two Steampunk games from Dancing Dragon. Since we are at the good ideas, wouldn't it be also a good idea to put all the Bi-Weekly Battlers in a single pack probably with a small title picture for download for the new users here? I doubt that everyone knows of all the cool battlers that are hiding in this forum.

P.S.: do you think there is a chance that you will again contribute the high res graphics of Skyforge to the next Humble Game Making Bundle like you did last year with the Sci-Fi Battlebacks?

You can bet I will be the first to volunteer all of my assets for another humble sale! 

And yes, doing a BWB pack is a real good idea.  I could even update them for MV!

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
I saw the pack, and I love your style.

But there is a question I would like to ask: do these Skyforge battlers have sideview version?

Because the ones you show in the pack's screenshots do not seem like there is any....

Three of the battlers shown in the screenshots look like better suited for front side view battle instead of side view battle....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@metronome I actually made this pack before I knew MV was going to have side-view support (I don't even think I knew it was even going to exist yet!), so unfortunately the battlers are not currently optimized for side-view, sorry! 

There were plenty of front-facing enemies in like FF3, if I remember correctly.  I had a feeling most people would start using that side-view battler system as soon as I saw it myself, now I pretty much make all of my battlers side-view!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can hopefully move onto doing visual effects and sound design now. :kaophew:

The latest RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Let's jump into Kamigami: Clash of the Gods!

Title Screen 100% Finished
Evangeline.png
I'm starting to enjoy doing pixel art! Not to mention it's getting easier to do commissions :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danielbs