Skylar's Character Sprites!

skybluehair

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've frankened/recolored lots of sprites, and figured I should share these. Please credit skybluehair if you use these in any free game, and contact me for use in a commercial game.

Fairies:

Darker skinned npcs:

Desert npcs:

(Numbers four and five are recolored/altered famitsu sprites)

Fancy witch:

Fire mage:

Mage queen:

Magical girls: (UPDATED 7/12)

Horned skeleton monster:

Witches:

Mages: (NEW, uploaded 7/12)

Magical students: (NEW, uploaded 7/12)

Coming up next: random generic npcs, new nobles, and anything that may strike my fancy! I do take requests, but other than those, may update on a pretty slow schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revival

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice work man!, question from a fellow spriter

How are you changing skin hues?  I use the Photoshop Sliders to change colours, but unfortunately most sprites if you try and grab the Yellow and Reds that make up skin you also change parts of the clothing too?

Do you start with naked sprites first or do you know a clever way to change skin colours? The only way I've ever done it properly is by colouring a naked sprite first.  

Last edited by a moderator:

skybluehair

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice work man!, question from a fellow spriter

How are you changing skin hues?  I use the Photoshop Sliders to change colours, but unfortunately most sprites if you try and grab the Yellow and Reds that make up skin you also change parts of the clothing too?

Do you start with naked sprites first or do you know a clever way to change skin colours? The only way I've ever done it properly is by colouring a naked sprite first.  
I just use sliders and (to avoid the changing clothing colors) avoid sprites with brown clothes. It's not the best way, I know, but I find it produces decent results. Thanks for the compliment!

skybluehair

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just added new sprites. From here on out, I'll be recoloring using Granny's amazing rtp pallette, because while my recolors using the hue slider don't look too off, this results in a more cohesive "look".

I also take requests now! In order to fulfil them, I will need either a reference picture or a fairly detailed description. If you don't have a reference picture, PM me so the description doesn't clutter up the thread and so I can ask for clarification.

Bastikekse

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They look really nice!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Am I allowed to make a recruitment thread NOT for RPG Maker stuff?

Like for a group project?
(NOT RPG Maker project.)
If the new RPG Maker's character generator produces full busts and can match the art styles of previous RPG Makers, that might be a big incentive to buy it. An easier way to craft custom map tile sheets though would probably be an even bigger game changer.
Note to self: One lemon is enough to flavor my drink.
'I'm not homophobic, I'm not scared of me house.' - Peter Kay xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madoke44