RhuneEmbah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

As the title of the threads suggests I'm looking for a way to make Skyrim style poisons. By this I mean a poison that whilst in battle you would apply it to your weapon and it would inflict whatever type of poison you used with different levels of poison lasting for longer amounts of time. If anyone could help me out with this I will be so grateful. I look forward to any solutions.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Well, someone else might have a better solution, but the way I would do it is by having an Item (the poison) apply a State to the player character.... there are many things you can have the state do depending on what the poison needs to do, you can have it last for so many turns inside battle, you can allow the player to apply it outside battle and last for so many steps. As for the magnitude of the poison, I think you would just have to make however many variation of the poison that you need, and give them specs appropriate for their magnitude.

EDIT: Spelling

RhuneEmbah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks a lot that makes a lot of sense. I was thinking a lot about the way skyrim apply the poison to the weapons the player had equipped. I'll definitely try using your suggestion i was just hoping to not have to use a turn for the poison and then attack where how i was thinking it would work is that when you are in battle you can use a poison on your weapon and still attack the same turn. but if the only way to do it is your way then I'm happy enough with that.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@RhuneEmbah Ideas and Prototypes is more for when you want feedback on your ideas. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using. Unfortunately you have not included the engine in the information under your avatar, so I am going to assume from the topic title that it is MV and move this accordingly. It would be helpful if you edited your profile page to include the engine.

[mod]Moving this to RPG Maker MV.[/mod]

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stulfie