RMMV Skyward Realms [Progression Systems 0.2.9x] - Coming Up Next

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by EZaxess, Oct 19, 2017.

1. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French

[​IMG]
    *Fantasy Violence and Language

[​IMG]
    Vast World to Explore
    UNRAVEL A STORY that takes exploration to new levels of interaction. The paths chosen and the world state left behind impacts the narrative.

Ever-Changing Story
    MAKE CHOICES that creates a ripple effect altering quests and objectives. Further manipulate important items to decide what to do with them.

Sinistris
    SEAMLESS GROWTH involving the Sinistris bane, the character's capacity to endure hardship is influenced by their decisions and perception of the world.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Turn Based Combat
    FAST PACED BATTLES including environmental advantages, strategic elements and erratic outcomes. Access hundreds of abilities and equipment.

Field Abilities
    TRANSFORM THE WORLD by restoring landscape and crafting utility items. Master field abilities to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.

Chaos
    POWER COMES AT A PRICE, manage the chaos generated or become a cautionary tale. A ancient darkness awaits within the abyss of the Spirit Realm.

[​IMG]
    The story of Skyward Fantasy takes place in a dying world kept afloat by an archaic artifact. Nel Aevadr was found in the midst of an everlasting war, a battle between the spirit realm and the living.

During the final conflict, Nel was standing still among the remains of the rifts that were being sealed. Markelius, the lord Magus of a reputable school, discovered the child. He would not speak for months. As time passed, Nel would show early signs of thaumaturgy, the boy was fascinated with fire.

He can’t remember his life before the war, it never seems to bother him either. He strive to obtain the highest rank within the Order to become a powerful Magus.

Nel’s story begins at the second year of his formation, along the way, the inhabitants of Ethiryon realize that something much darker lies dormant below the world

[​IMG]
    Rhea Bexley is the daughter of a tyrant from the Blue-Alternative, a distant world yet unknown to Ethiryon. Whilst trying to escape her father’s men for finding out about her hidden organization and plans to overthrow him; she finds a peculiar door in an alley that leads her directly into Hiegholm.

She meets with Nel Aevadr and his company in Iselwood after a portal is mysteriously opened at an altar. With a gun at hand and confusion all around, a beast makes it way through, forcing them to fight together.

Bright and witty, Rhea also show signs of a mind interrupted. She spent most of her time tinkering with deadly machinery, determined to build the perfect war vessel to fight back the Alternative.

Stuck in a world she knows nothing about, she coerces her way into the company’s adventure. She quickly realizes the benefits magic could lend to her inventions.

[​IMG]
    Seen roaming Ethyrion under the night skies, Fehnrir was nicknamed the dark voyager by many. He is often denied entrance into civilized areas and his ominous appearance generally inspires travelers to flee or to attack on sight.

When he was a child, Fehnrir survived by exploring and feeding on farm animals in the woodlands surrounding Nimstedral; a city known for its practitioners of witchcraft and purveyors of magic. In a turn of bad luck, Fehnrir slaughtered one too many sheep belonging to a powerful land owner, and it wasn't long before mercenaries were sent to capture the strange humanoid.

The high witches of Nimstedral were fascinated with the mana formations on Fehnrir's body, and even more so by his ability to inflict self-harm to emanate aether energy when fighting. Fehnrir promptly became their experimental subject.

Five years later, a couple of young witches named Orlesha and Itrid inexplicably helped him escape...

...Seen roaming Ethyrion, the dark voyager wanders alone in search of a halcyon sky, a memory he can’t rid himself of.
    [​IMG]

S C R E E N S H O T S
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C H A R A C T E R S
    [REVEALED IN UPCOMING UPDATES]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    E S S E N T I A L
    [REVEALED IN UPCOMING UPDATES]

[...]
    W O R L D S & F A C T I O N S
    [MORE REVEALED IN UPCOMING UPDATES]

Far within the Great Void lies the main land of the Serinibius galaxy. Ethyrion is an Earth-type world with lush vegetation inhabited by humans and the Uth’kral. There is a dark energy within the void that imbues all living things with magic, awakening them to the elements. Over time, the races of Ethyrion evolved through the use of thaumaturgy rather than technology.

The outcome of never-ending war with creatures from the depths of the spirit realm was a world left in pieces. The planet became a cluster of decaying islands, faintly kept afloat by strange forces emitting from the heart of Ethyrion.

The sun’s closest planet and the brightest in the night sky. Atxileus Libram is a red planet with layers of opaque green clouds. Nearly every 11 years, the planet aligns with the sun and Ethyrion causing an eclipse transmitting violet lights.

During that time, an unusual amount of rifts appear whilst the weather unpredictably reaches extreme levels of heat and cold for days. It was named after the first ruler of Libram, a seer who have found a way to watch underneath the clouds.

44 million kilometers away from Ethyrion lies the fourth planet of the solar system. Odimnãe is the home of the Isahri who lives within its rocky and frozen landscape. Its harsh, cold weather is hardly tolerable on the surface but below exists a network of gigantic grottos with abundant vegetation.

Odimnã is renowned for its mysterious plant, the Ambranove. It produces pollen that slows time when in proximity, the Isahri protected them for centuries as they also breathe life inside of the planet.

It was believed that the spirit realm is a parallel universe that serves as sanctuary for the dead. Aether, the energy dissolved from a soul, would travel through to find its resting place.

The strange phenomenon causing otherworldly creatures to spawn out of the rifts, tearing Ethyrion into pieces, have inspired many new theories over the years. Information never leaves that place.

The lost world was home to the Ao’gwel, an ancient civilization that once ruled over the far reaches of the Great Void. It is told that the relics and magic of this world are the remnants of Vaelyis.

The entire planet disappeared eons ago within the blink of an eye.

Billows of cosmic dust have formed Serinibius billions of years ago. It has a green haze that stretches out from the center and is the second largest galaxy inside of the void.

The void is the most ominous structure in the universe; it’s an immense region of space that contains very few galaxies and strange lifeforms.

A synthetic Earth that was built to save humankind from a world that is unknown to Ethyrion.
    C R E D I T S & L I N K S
    CEO/Developer: Ahmad Baidoun (ahmad@rehmlokarts.com)
    Programmer: Matthew Cipriano (Youtube)
    Musician/Composer: Toshi Clinch (Website)
    Musician/Composer: Drew Zaremba (Website)

Official Website: https://rehmlokarts.com/ (In development!)
    Discord: https://discord.gg/RdDQ6bT
    Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rehmlok/
    And Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rehmlok?lang=en
    Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHBXwSVntzsTRfuTjfE-QBg

O u t s o u r c i n g :
    Bismarque Silva - Bis1994 (Sprites):
    https://bis1994.deviantart.com/
    Aekashics (Battlers): https://www.patreon.com/aekashics/posts

P l u g i n s :
    Yanfly
    [More]
    Mog [More]
    Galv [More]
    Hime [More]
    Terrax [More]
    SumRndmDde [More]
    TheGreenKel [More]
    Victor Saint [More]
    Mr.Trivel [More]
    Atreyo Ray [More]

T e s t e r s & E x t e r n a l H e l p :
    Genevieve Eva Budd- Durkin, Harry Maman, Iseph, KasuraKen, Michael Kneeshaw, Pivoo, Thani

When will the game be released?
    TBA

Do I require an active online connection to play?
    No, only the optional linked abyss dungeon and in order to access leaderboards, you can play offline.

Will there be in-game purchases?
    No. Purchase the game and have access to it all. I only support the idea of releasing expansions providing hours of new content.

Do you need testers?

Yes, I do! Your feedback and QA powers are the heart of this project! Would you like to discuss story, bugs, mechanics and provide feedback for Skyward Realms, contact me or join my discord channel. (All links found below)

Ask me anything! Help us spread the word, comment, tell your friends and support this project if you enjoy it! With you onboard, we can make this game better. The demo will be out shortly, I am currently at stage 2 of 3 for the alpha release!

Thank you!

Copyrights by Rehmlok Arts, 2017 - 2018
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. ACECORP

ACECORP Founder & Entrepreneur Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just backed you at the Armorer level! Good luck! Can’t wait to play test it out!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    EZaxess likes this.
  3. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Thank you for supporting us Acecorp!

I am working hard on a demo, I am hoping to release it shortly.

4. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Skyward Fantasy's Prototype Demo is here! Over 1.5 hours of content and plenty to go around to give you an idea of the direction Skyward Fantasy is taking. Download it now and experience the game, give feedback here or at rehmlokarts.feedback@gmail.com to help us grow, and you can help us reach our goal on Indiegogo if you like it! Only 7 days left, share it with your friends! Thank you all!

Happy gaming!

DOWNLOAD DEMO:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1ecjjq59a6z4eh/Rehmlok_Arts.zip?dl=0

Warning: Fantasy Violence and Language

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Iseph likes this.
  5. bhindi1224

bhindi1224 NOT Indian Okra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I died three times and quit. The numbers corresponding to the abilities on the intro do nothing. I had to click them manually. Sometimes it didn't seem like they registered at all. Although it didn't bother me personally, having the game using curse words in that opening area might need a warning as well.

Edit: I tried once more and got through the opening part, I'll have to resume it later.

EZaxess likes this.
  6. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Lol, that scene and a lot of other features still need a lot of work. The opening scene is supposed to be challenging but is also designed to be more responsive and fair with health globes in the final release. You do have to click manually, I didn't attribute shortcuts to them, I will in the next release. The numbers is the level (you can upgrade them to propel you further later on).

The trick is to time left and right a few tiles properly and only use your abilities when the projectiles are nearby to get advantage from the 1 second immunity. I'll keep in mind to give out these hints in the game tutorial! I added the warning for the language, the dialogues are nearly all placeholders and just follow the story as I develop.

Thank you, I hope you keep playing and enjoy it.

EDIT: I updated the demo and links above! I've added more health, shortened the fall and gave players more room to breathe until that scene is properly balanced and fully realized later.

Iseph likes this.
  7. bhindi1224

bhindi1224 NOT Indian Okra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's how I got through it, I noticed the immunity. Still haven't had a chance to play again past the first area when you wake up back in the school.

EZaxess likes this.
  8. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Here I thought I was going insane hearing whispers and distant tormented screams outside, it also doesn't help I nearly forgot it's Halloween night. Now I'm all for costumes and certain parties but this year I had other priorities as you can see, let's get on with it!

Many of you noticed that the Nymph's halberd is hitting players for over 50 damage, that was a slip-up on my end when I revisited the balance of the game. I updated the enemy's attack value as intended, as well as other fixes:
    • Added keyboard configuration including WASD preset, access it in options.
    • Fixed the halberd's attack value, no more massacre.
    • Fixed death respawn after the battle with the Nymph.
    • Fixed performance issues.
    • Improved features upon amazing feedback from you!
    Download the updated demo here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/84o0co7475s5dtf/Rehmlok Arts.zip?dl=0

Happy gaming, with 2 days left we will do our best to push this further and at the least cover the costs of some of the arts! Thank you so much for backing us and sticking around, I will keep you updated with all major progress.

We're also looking into an early way of having only one game and being able to simply update it from the game, rather than download the entire file every time. I don't know the time of release for this feature but it's planned!

Thanks all and happy Halloween!

Iseph, SimProse and Marquise* like this.
  9. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks pretty unique. But that blocky areas are also normal outside level? I thought they were just world maps.

10. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    All levels are designed as floating blocks, it's the concept of the game and a representation of a shattered world. It also gives me the opportunity to give the world the large scope I want it to have without getting overwhelmed by an excessive amount of detailed maps, rather focus on all the mechanics and goodness going on in Ethiryon! You won't run out short on exploration either, I'm carefully crafting every map to give a sense of adventure. Really nice art gallery too, I love it!

Since the campaign here's what I've been up to and I recommend everyone who sees this post to wait for the next demo and big move! Make sure to follow us and join our new discord channel at: https://discord.gg/RdDQ6bT

Update:
    • New overworld HUD
    • Dynamic/animated HUD numbers
    • Improved exploration visuals and notifications
    • Improved game performance by pre-loading assets
    [​IMG]

Update:
    • Dimmed the white on text by 3%
    • Full names are now displayed
    • Message SFX added
    • Speed forward option in dialogues added
    • Dialogues now pend and can be scrolled through
    • Persuasion/Intuition mechanics added
    • New dialogue selection graphics
    • Fixed display and dialogue-related bugs
    [​IMG]

Update:
    • Normal attacks can now chain combos
    • Added combo timer and total damage dealt (thanks mog!)
    • Added a battle status screen with detailed applied effects
    • Battle HUD revised and completed
    • New restoration HUD
    • Gathering nodes and spawn timers implemented
    • Never-ending bug fixes
    [​IMG]

Update:

• New tooltip design
    • New item's full illustrations (all 1000s of them! in progress throughout the development of the project)
    • All weapons now have their own effects and sprites in battle
    [​IMG]

I'll be seeing you again soon!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Iseph, Marquise* and phamtruong1992 like this.
  11. phamtruong1992

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You did visit my gallery? Thank you, lol.
    You know, that blocky tileset designs remind me of FF Tactics series though, therefore they look pretty interesting to me. And seems like you've had a solid concept already. Keep up your good work, buddy.

12. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Of course I did and thank you!

A new demo will be out in December with a lot more content and the level of polish you would expect in future releases.

13. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    wow that looks really really neat! downloading the demo right now. congrats for impressing me on screens bc thats pretty hard to do lol
    pretty graphics are easy but gameplay that looks fun just by looking at screenshots? praise

14. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    That's fantastic, thank you for the compliment and I certainly hope you enjoy the game just as much. I like your monster pack too, they look great!

15. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Skyward Fantasy's illustration is completed, thanks to our backers and talented artist, Ronny Kwan. Meet the main characters of the adventure that awaits you! All feedback welcome! The game will launch in 2018.

[​IMG]

phamtruong1992 and Marquise* like this.
  16. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Iseph likes this.
  17. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Arisae, Tuv and the team at Rehmlok Arts! I've been pouring heart and soul into this game to deliver a fun role-playing game, with the support this experience has been 10 folds better! The team and I thank you!

Head to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/rehmlok/ and enter now to win 1 of 2 free copies of the game or 1 of 10 pack of goods containing useful utility items during the Holidays! The pack of goods can only be obtained from limited in-game quests and ranking rewards.

1. Comment, Like and Share to win, it's that easy!

Skyward Fantasy is a role-playing game being released in 2018, follow us for more info! We'd love to hear your feedback, come check out the game and discord channel at: https://discord.gg/RdDQ6bT

The sweeps end on January 1st, watch out for the alpha release, we're completely out of the prototype and have a lot more to show soon!

Be kind, be good.

[​IMG]

18. phamtruong1992

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow the music is very nice, especially the first and last song, I love them already. Though if I ever have enough to afford a composer I will definitely hire these guys, lol.

19. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Toshi and Drew are very talented indeed, they'd be happy to hear it!

20. EZaxess

EZaxess Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    The final dialogues design after many iterations and revisions. Look out for January - Skyward Fantasy's alpha will launch! Since then, and upon community feedback I went on, all locations were made bigger, were given more details, the dialogues now have an all new design and the text is the script's original, all exploration mechanics were implemented, are you ready for an adventure you won't soon forget?! Or perhaps forgot already... ya know, to each his own.

You could also win a free copy of the game and pack of goods on our Facebook page! :) Follow us there and on discord for more info!

[​IMG]

Iseph likes this.