stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm been trying to find an effect that is similar to slender's static effect.

Aka, a script that causes an image to fade in the closer you are to an event. The closer you are, the more the image fades in.

Is there a script online about this? I would appreciate it if someone know a script for it. Been trying to find it for ages now.

Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I don't know about a script, but if I'm understanding what you're looking for correctly, I'm 99% sure you could do this with events.

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know about a script, but if I'm understanding what you're looking for correctly, I'm 99% sure you could do this with events.
But the event is chasing the player. It's not standing in place.

Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMVX
So you need an extra set of variables. For example:
(Sorry the picture got somewhat cut off. The Variable 0003 should be Player_X = Player's Map X.)

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
if you're planning what I'm thinking you're planning, this might do (untested!):

use it as the NPC itself.
change mindistance to whatever distance you want the image to start fading in.
watch the @variables, ignore the #comments

there is a way to put all that into the move route and let it be processed by the movement leaving the event sequence to handle the dialogue or whatever you want to put in there,.... but that's more complex and harder to show.
you should probably trigger a self switch change upon contact with the player, enable another page that is not parallel process, and use *it* to handle the action.

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
if you're planning what I'm thinking you're planning, this might do (untested!):

use it as the NPC itself.
change mindistance to whatever distance you want the image to start fading in.
watch the @variables, ignore the #comments

there is a way to put all that into the move route and let it be processed by the movement leaving the event sequence to handle the dialogue or whatever you want to put in there,.... but that's more complex and harder to show.
you should probably trigger a self switch change upon contact with the player, enable another page that is not parallel process, and use *it* to handle the action.
I tried a few times to copy it myself. But I failed. You able to send me an exe containing the NPC at work so I can just copy and paste it into my event? I'll credit you for it.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just double-checked it, and for the picture to display you need a show/move command pair.
make a new project, and overwrite the one map with this one.

you can then copy the event from there.

(hey, it turns out it's quite a neat effect.... I might take it up for my own game as well!)

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RpgMaking321