ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
PD_MenuSlide & PD_TweenAnimation (2017/02/05 Ver.1.01)

Creator name: Shio_inu (PixelDOG)

Overview
Sliding animation for opening the menu screen.

Features
Plug and play

Preview
tween.gif

Terms of Use-

Can be used for commercial use, mature content, modify material, redistribution after modification.
If redistribution, please credit the source- "Shio_inu" or "PixelDOG"
You can not sale the material as itself, that's not allowed.

You can download zip file (2 js files) from the thread attachment or Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckn4xlufkmsctcu/PD_TweenAnimation.zip?dl=1

Attachments

• PD_TweenAnimation.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Yitzi Litt

Made Nepenthe — An RPG that's one giant dad-joke
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That. Looks. AWESOME!!!

wonderjosh3000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this is old enough to be considered necroposting, but this looks pretty rad!

My question is what values do I adjust to change where the animation starts and stops? For example to have the actor status window come in from the top and the command menu from the left. I did try playing around with what I thought were the values and only was able to figure out how to change the speed of the animation.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

siluman

Siluman Soft
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this is old enough to be considered necroposting, but this looks pretty rad!

My question is what values do I adjust to change where the animation starts and stops? For example to have the actor status window come in from the top and the command menu from the left. I did try playing around with what I thought were the values and only was able to figure out how to change the speed of the animation.

Any help would be great! Thanks!
well you need to take a look at the TweenAnimation Script inside indeed.
This is the core of it :
Code:
QueueTweenAnimation.prototype.initialize = function(translate, scale, rotation, frame, curveType, coordinateType)
when translated:
Code:
this._theAffectedWindow.addAnimation(new QueueTweenAnimation(new Point(x_pos, y_pos), new Point(x_scale, y_scale), end_rotation, time_frame, curve_system, coordinateType?));

wonderjosh3000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well you need to take a look at the TweenAnimation Script inside indeed.
This is the core of it :
Code:
QueueTweenAnimation.prototype.initialize = function(translate, scale, rotation, frame, curveType, coordinateType)
when translated:
Code:
this._theAffectedWindow.addAnimation(new QueueTweenAnimation(new Point(x_pos, y_pos), new Point(x_scale, y_scale), end_rotation, time_frame, curve_system, coordinateType?));
Wow, I haven't been using RMMV for a while, but I'm finally dipping back into it and remembering where I left off! Thanks for the reply! That all makes sense, though I'm not sure how or where to apply that last line of code. I'm assuming I'd fill in the values, like:
Code:
this._commandWindow.addAnimation(new QueueTweenAnimation(new Point(32, 32), new Point(100, 100), 0, 300, curve_system, coordinateType?));
except I'm unfamiliar with the last 2 values. It's too bad there's no easy spot for me to see the starting position, etc. per window to their end position, etc. Then I'd know exactly what to change, haha.

EDIT: Sorry! Spoke too soon! I see PD_MenuSlide is what I should be messing around in, haha. Thanks! We'll see if I get it working.

EDIT EDIT: Got it! It's weird. I had to make my windows x and/or y values be at the starting point of the animation in the scripts I've got for the custom menu and then in the PD_MenuSlide I set the distance to be the difference from the starting point to the end point.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Variation two of my nameless protagonist- now with color!!
WIN_20220815_21_48_46_Pro.jpg
thoughts?
Fun question - how do you manage the scope of your projects? All of my projects seem to balloon until they pop and they are suddenly nonexistent!
no I did not just have to write a song three different times because my music software doesn't support tempo changes!!
I WILL defeat this demonic USB connection notification bug
ScreenShot_8_15_2022_6_22_24.png
Mike trying to dodge the Memory Pawns invading Bantam Street. I like how the filters I used on the map almost make it look like the street is wet in a sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MallowMal