Thefirelion

Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In my present design, the slimes are one of the first enemies that you meet, their shapes, sizes and types will be different according to the progression of the game (as obviously their statistics), in their resistances and weaknesses they will be based on the 1988 movie "The Blob" not to mention that I will also make some wink to what slimes do to a person if they get caught (in cutscenes).

PS: i hate the slimes from Dragon Quest all series.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Slimes are made of liquid, so more and more I get confused why they are;
A) Early game enemies you can kill easily with a level 1 character
2) Able to be harmed by weapons

I used to give them merely high defense, then later gave them resistance to physical, but now I have a state called Diffuse that makes you immune to most physical strikes (uh, it's complicated, but you could think of it as not taking damage from objects smaller than them).

However, I've always themed them in some way. Elements are fun and simple. One recurring slime is made of raw magic and looks for any excuse to explode. A few bosses use them as recurring minions so the battle has a yoyo effect of focusing on the boss to focusing on the slimes.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today i'll start creating monster sounds for my enemies :D I was looking forward to that
//Decides to cut his caffeine to a 3rd of the normal amount...
//Spends all weekend in a daze playing dress-up with dolls in Daz3D
:kaoswt:
*looks away while frantically waving a stick in the general direction of the scariest enemy, the slime*
Exams are finally over, I am free!
Now it's time to bust out RPG Maker and work on some games sit around and do nothing all summer.
Ami
Monday is here. Hope my Stomach is okay rather than yesterday (yesterday are terrible to me,until i can't get focus my work because my Disease)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haustlauf