Slip damage can kill in battle but not outside

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Alyon93, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Alyon93

Alyon93 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi guys, 

this time around I'm pretty sure I've checked everywhere and anywhere for this issue.

I know a lot of things about slip damage have been asked, different damage in battle and outside, different way to calculate damage etc.

I don't need any of these. 
    The default damage is ok for me.

My problem is that I want slip damage to kill inside battle while not killing outside.
    The point here is that in my game "death" state is removed after battle but poison not.
    So the default RMVXA editor gives two options:

1) Slip damage doesn't kill, remaining at 1 HP

2) Slip damage kills

In case 1) character won't die on the field which is good, but won't die even during a battle which I don't like.

In case 2) character will die during a battle but they'll die on the field too which sure might be strange for the user since every time someone dies they resurrect at the end of a battle.

I want a mixed approach between them. Dying during battles but not on the field, which I guess can be done only through script. 

Of course if someone is going to help me specify whether or not I should tick slip damages in the option or not.

Thanks  :)

2. optimum45

optimum45 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I had the same problem while wanting the same thing.  I ended up compromising with "All Status Effects End At End of Combat".

Except for poison from the floor.  That can kill you, and is meant to.   :guffaw:

3. Yato

Yato (aka Racheal) Veteran

Something like this should work:

Code:
    class Game_Battler < Game_BattlerBase  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Get Maximum Value of Slip Damage  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def max_slip_damage    $game_party.in_battle ? hp : [hp - 1, 0].max  endend
    It overwrites the slip damage option, so it shouldn't matter whether it is on or off.

4. Alyon93

Alyon93 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It works finely.

Thanks Yato.

I'll credit you!