Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have no idea what I'm doing, I've never scripted anything before except for a (terrible... TERRIBLE) dosbox zorkish adventure game with C++ about 6 years ago.
Only read your first 4 tutorials so far, the bestiary ones, hoping I can extrapolate the menu to create what I've been (trying and failing to) create through events.

So far I'm about 2% of the way there. I figured out I could substitute @data = $data_enemies.compact with @data = $data_actors.compact and it would display the actors I have instead of the enemies I have.
The next step, which I hope to learn through your tutorials is how to tell the game to only display actors which aren't in the current party, the reserve party members, so they can be sent out on quests/stuff in the background. That's the dream, and I'm hoping that with your guides I'll accomplish this goal.

Thank you for doing what you do @Trihan

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey guys, I know I've been gone for an absolute age but life has been crazy busy for a long time.

It's been pretty much forever since I last put out a Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript but don't worry, I intend on making a new one soon.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
But it is still GREAT and GOOD to read from you! *cybermental hugs*

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well guys, it's been over a year but the wait is over. I'm bringing Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript back!

I'm considering doing a bit of a reboot and doing a video series with text transcripts. More in the coming days.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
It might be useful for easily impressed peoples of few words. Thanks~!

IneptAttoney_08

Dimas Ridwan AP
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
can you make a tutorial for making a "Help" at menu. the content is a guide about the game itself?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I'm, uh...3 years late, but I've updated the topic with a couple of articles that weren't updated when originally written.

But more exciting news...I'm about to write the next one!

Edit: Next part is up!

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Good news, everyone! The next part is online and ready for your reading enjoyment. And at 12 classes, this is one of the biggest ones I've done. Worth the extra work, though; we're finally through with windows! Next time, we start on the Scene classes.

kYti

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, I don't know if you're still doing this or not, but I just found it and it is really helpful so far. I am working on a project that will require that I make a lot of my own scripts for the game style I want to create and various systems I want to implement, but I have never written my own script before, so I am so happy to have found this! I'm hoping through some experimenting, my vision can become reality.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey sports fans! New Slip into Ruby is up and available for reading!

redcachalot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm, since you asked, here's my two bits about what I’d like to happen afterwards:

Carry on with Jump into Javascript just like how Slip into Ruby was done, with LOADS of explanations; please and thank you!

For RGSS3, I’d like to see Slip into Ruby-style tutorials on other custom scripts, like Yanfly Engine for ACE or, I daresay, GubiD’s Tactical Battle System, since its website has gone down, taking all of its tutorials down with it, as well as any dreams of having classic Fire Emblem style games on VXA... Yet making in-depth tutorials on custom scripts and battle systems, even the good ones like all of Tsukihime’s ultra professional scripts, Galveraxe’s wicked cool scripts, the myriad of Theo Allen’s ingeniously crafted custom scripts, and the action-packed Sapphire Action System, etc. will seem quite erratic at best…(though it would be EPIC if they were made)… so…

…Why not start making in-depth tutorials for the custom scripts that have been released by the tutorial-meister himself: Trihan!
Why not write up some explanatory tutorials about Unlockable Shop Items, Equipment Performance Enhanced, or the Dual wield/two-handed fix, etc.
That would be invaluable to everyone!

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, so you mean kind of run through how my scripts work and why I coded them the way I did? That's an interesting thought.

redcachalot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm, so you mean kind of run through how my scripts work and why I coded them the way I did? That's an interesting thought.
The breakdown of what each method in the script does would be good, but the theoretical reasoning for why the methods exist at all would be just as welcomed! The more the explanation, the better!

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Slip into Ruby has been updated with the latest and final episode. The code breakdown is finished, and there's nothing more to explain. I'd just like to thank everyone for making this worth writing over the past 8 years.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After so long, my random sprites set is complete! I wonder who could guess them all? :kaothx:
2COlHup.png

And yes, I'm doing more.
I'm thinking of devouring some tutorials for RPG Maker MV. Just all kinds: mapping, spriting, programming, ect. the whole works! :)

Maybe videos, my brother and I can sit down and watch them during one of our weekly business meetings.
Ami
trying to make a Dialogue Script in Indonesian,first. then translate into English.

this is the reason why i'm terrible at this section beside making the enemies :stare:
Made a Mapping Tutorial on Adding Lighting/Shadows using Tileset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnGieA