The Classy Prostitute
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Slo-mo Script V1.0

Created by Neon Black

What is it?

This script will allow you modify the frame rate of the game simply by changing the value of a variable. The frame rate can be increased or decreased depending on your need at the present moment. This script also has a simple graphical change that can be turned on or off.

How can I use it?

Place this script anywhere in the materials section above main. If you notice incompatibility with another script, place this script above that script. If you still experience incompatibility issues, please post what scripts you are using as well as what kind of error you are getting. To change the game's frame rate just change the variable you define in the config section of the script to the desired value. To change the frame rate back, just change the variable back to 60. Be aware that changing the frame rate affects other on-screen functions such as message boxes and animations. I have modified the script so that it does not slow down during the menu scene or battle scene.

Configuration:

• FPS Variable - The default variable used to modify the frame rate.
  • Slo-mo Blend Effect - The maximum frame rate that will display the modified blending effect. Set to 9 or lower to disable.
  • Limit FPS Max - The maximum frame rate allowed. Even if this is above 120, the maximum allowed is 120.
  • Limit FPS Min - The minimum frame rate allowed. Even if this is below 10, the minimum allowed is 10.
What does it look like?

I can't really show you a speed change in a single picture, and a single function doesn't really merit a demo. Just imagine lag. That's pretty much it.... The picture shows what the main character looks like with the added blending effect. To turn this off, change the blending mode option to 9 or below.

What does it work with?

Considering this script does not overwrite any objects, it should work with pretty much everything. Below are the changes this script makes.

Alias

Game_System:

• initialize
  • update

Sprite_Character:

• update

Scene_Map:

• perform_battle_transition

Scene_Menu:

• initialize
New Classes/Objects

Game_FrameRate:

• initialize
  • update
  • glitch_test
How can I get the code?

Version 1.0 (first build) is available as a text file from my pastebin account here.

I would like to use this code.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://cphouseset.wo...d-terms-of-use/.

Author's Disclaimer:

It seems there were people who actually used this script when I posted it, as well as people who found it useful or helpful, so though I was torn not to repost this script, I decided to do so. I still personally think it is better to just event slo-mo event sequences than to use this script for them. If you find any actual need to use this script, feel free to do so. Any changes you would like me to add to this script, please ask and I will see if I can accommodate. Any problems you may encounter please post here or PM me and I will certainly help resolve them.

Last edited by a moderator:

logite

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi, im noob with scripts but... what is the code for activate script in-game?

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
There is no code for activation. To use it, just change the variable you defined in the script to the value you want for the new frame rate. By default this variable is 27. So if you wanted the game to go at 40 FPS, just change variable 27 to a value of 40. To set the frame rate back to normal, just set the variable back to 60.

Dissentrix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello. Sorry for necroposting, but I need to know :

Is there a way to make the player character be faster (or slower) than the rest of the world ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan