Acidicjester

Cool Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey so I was wondering what I can do to get a vehicle (Ex. boat) to have a lower speed to move slower in general. I went to the Game_Vehicle scripting page and I found this:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Initialize Move Speed #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def init_move_speed @move_speed = 4 if @type == :boat @move_speed = 5 if @type == :ship @move_speed = 6 if @type == :airship endI tried to change the @move_speed for the boat type down to 2 and there was no change in speed. I looked for other stuff on the page yet there was still nothing I could really find. Can anyone help me with this? :unsure:

- Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

Watcules

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Just tested it and it's working for me. Maybe there are some script that you use that disable it? :unsure:

Acidicjester

Cool Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tested it and it's working for me. Maybe there are some script that you use that disable it? :unsure:
Really? I wouldn't think any of my scripts would be an issue. All I have is a save engine, camera lock, chase, and I guess the title script.

Man :/

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do a global search (control+shift+f) for this:

def init_move_speedand see what scripts come up. If that doesn't show any custom scripts that overwrite the method, do a global search for @move_speed and scroll to the bottom to see what custom scripts use that. They may change the move speed without changing that method.
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Acidicjester

Cool Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do a global search (control+shift+f) for this:

def init_move_speedand see what scripts come up. If that doesn't show any custom scripts that overwrite the method, do a global search for @move_speed and scroll to the bottom to see what custom scripts use that. They may change the move speed without changing that method.I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
Thank you for the move, still fairly new to the forums. I have tried looking for lines as such but it seems that game_vehicle is the only one that possess's that line. I don't really understand whats up here. If all else fails I will give it up and make note of it on the forum.

Acidicjester

Cool Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't seem to find what the issue is :(

Since it is not a major issue with my game i'll let it slide. You may close this topic now, thanks anyways!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Norfaiz03