Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recently bought a new PC for another room and I'm trying to avoid draw a RJ-45 Cable since already my house looks like a server house so I bought a WiFi adapter - Savio WiFi adapter usb 2.0, 802.11 B/G/N model CL-63 and generaly everything works, except the download/upload speed... Maximum transfer I can get with download is around 30kbps

Ok some technical info:

I have optical fibre internet connection and distance between this adapter and router is aproximitly 8 meters and adapter's range is 20 meters and there is nothing in house that could block WiFi signal, because all of my phones in that room (where adapter is placed) is at full capacity.

Also originaly that PC had installed windows 10, but I installed Windows 7 and this also didn't helped.

Ok, now the things I've done that could cause errors:
- I changed connection on other USB ports
- I installed latest drivers from producent
- I altered settings in system on various ways
- I reset settings in connection to default
- I checked router settings and here is everything ok
- I placed wifi adapter 5m closer to router (wich little bit helped to increase download speed)

I cannot either that PC or Router to closer, because cables are holding me back so moving things in house are out of options
(at least for a moment)

So, what else I can do to get as best as possible download speed?

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've actually had success with a wifi extender, and plugging an Ethernet from the wifi extender to the computer. It's still not as good as being hardwired to the modem, but much better than than a usb wireless adapter

EDIT: Although that said, if you're really that close and there's really nothing blocking the signal, I wonder about the wireless capabilities of your router? Are you using a router/modem (both in one) combo or something?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I forgot about other things in first post:

This adapter works at full capacity on my PC, wich I'm using right now and distance between it and router is 5 meters, router can work in 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and as I said, all phones and tablets in house are downloading at full speed where that new PC is placed. Even in attic or basement my phones have full download speed.

Mewgles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of the biggest issues with with usb wifi adapters is their drivers. And usually the cheaper they are the harder it gets to fix if they don't allow any updates or stop getting new updates at some point.
What you can try is switching wifi channels and disabling IPv6 and checking your firewall to make sure it doesn't interfere with the adapters software. You should also check if the networks speed is higher than your download speed. If that's the case it could actually be a routing issue.
If that doesn't help there is basically two things left to do. Try to replace it via warranty since it might be broken or get a better adapter. Best option will always be using a cable instead though.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mewgles Thanks, I'll check it in evening and see what are results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vollar45