Slow stepping speed beyond engine limitations

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi everyone,

For the first time since I started playing around with this program a few weeks ago, I finally got a sense of satisfaction out of making something happen on a map. It's just a basic dialogue scene, but to see things working how I intend, no matter how basic, is very motivating.

Anyway, to set the scene - I have an (enlarged) horse sprite at the start of the game, that I want stepping on the spot because he looks weird if he's still. Equally though - he also looks weird if he's stepping too quickly. Even the slowest setting (-8x I think it is) is much too fast. I'd like the horse to actually to stick on each frame for random amounts of time before going to the next one, in a perfect world.

Is this easily achievable?

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Mats

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi

I think you are in need of a script which allows to set a random frequency, but I don't know if something like this exist.

Maybe you should search for a script like this, because I don't have any possibility in mind to fix this with variables or switches :/

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can also set a custom move route for your horse event that changes the sprite and waits for a certain amount of frames before it shows the next image of the animation. It wouldn't be random, but you can vary the length of the wait each time so that it looks somewhat random.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can be achieved with a single line of script, I'll check it once I get to a computer, but just to be sure: you changed the frequency or the speed of the event? 

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Matt Mats - Thanks for the reply. I think what LadyBaskerville suggests is the easiest route for now, as it's just for an intro scene and be controlled for the duration of the beginning.

@LadyBaskerville - Thanks a lot. I think I'm going to go with this.

@Hudell - if this is easy enough, it would mean I could keep the horse trotting on the spot when the player starts walking around and could maintain the illusion. Would be ideal.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The script call to change the event speed is this:

this._moveSpeed = 1;

And to change the event frequency is this:

this._moveFrequency = 1;

Both can be called from inside a move route. Since you need smaller values, you can try changing the number 1 by something like 0.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
To actually work on my game, or browse these forums about creating my game? Hmmm....
Tanning beds are actually vampire traps. Coffin shaped but the minute they're inside... BAM UV Rays. Dead Vampire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miss_Behavin