Malacay2k11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi folks :)

i've start working on a Game, technically a whole Remake of an SNES Game. i'm working with many few Plugins and modified them to my personal needs.

First thing first: im using 2 "Window.png"'s , cuz i want my Main Menu is builded around "brown" color theme like the Game im try to rebuild.
*Screenshot*: https://prnt.sc/vip77g

For the Speakbubbles im using another "Window1.png"
*Screenshot*: https://prnt.sc/vip940

The whole issue there is the "Window.png" where the main color has changed from "white" to "brown" cuz i want all Text Brown on the Menu and adding \c[8] to all Options,trigger, spells , items and so on is NO Option to me.

but when the main color is brown, my character stats are also brown, too.
*Screenshot*: https://prnt.sc/vipbbo

Thats why i tried by my self to make a small .js only to chance the color of Values + X , Y Positions, like i post below.
- code: https://prnt.sc/vipcfp -

The code is made out of may puzzles from other JS Files but didn't work well (cuz i have 0 Experience in JS).... the Max HP/MP isn't shown as aspected, get not recolored and also missing the "Slash" between current and max value. Would appreciate, when someone might be able to help me fixing this. All i want s just to color the values "white" with the 8th color of my "Window.png"

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why do you need to use a script at all?

The color definitions are on the windowskin, they are NOT based on RGB numbers.
You see the color grid on the window.png? you can count through it to get which number corresponds to which color, that is where the color numbers are defined.

If your text changes color when replacing the window.png, then that means that this grid is not identical - most probably you changed it when changing the borders as well.

And this color grid is the basis for color definition throughout the engine. Change it and the color changes everywhere, and that is where you should start changing your colors back.

Malacay2k11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
u may misunderstand me.
i want to use 2 windows.
1. is for Text Windows
2. is for the Main Menu
1605285144049.png

the reason why i made the "normal color" brown instead "white" is, that i want all Menu text get colored into Brown.

th only thing i wont colored into brown are the Status values of the actors.

EDIT:
i know how the Window.png is working. but i can't recolor the whole Menu textes within the Resource editor... i can't place an \c[8] before every single item, name, skill , etc just to color all brown... thats why i made the brown color as normal color on the window.png, and thats why i need a small script to chance the attribute/status values on my actors.

EDIT2: Da du ja auch DE bist. Das Ding ist, dass ich 2 Window.png 's nutze weil ich eines für die Main menü darstellung benutze und eines für die Textausgabe im Spiel.
Da ich im Menü alles in braun halten will (texte vom Menü, Zauber, Items, etc) habe ich die standard Farbe vom Window.png braun gemacht und nicht weiß gelassen. ich kann ja nicht hinter jedem item und Zauber ein \c[8]NameXYZ setzten. Das wäre umständlich nicht auch nicht sinnvoll, da das Battle Script eben auf namen im Menü zugreift und es dann errors regnen würde.
Deshalb ist die Stadart Farbe - braun - Dadurch wird automatisch "alles" im Menü im braunen Text gehalten, damit LEIDER auch die Werte meiner Helden (hp,mp,lv,exp,attribute, etc)... Für die Werte der Helden hätte ich daher gern ein kleines Script um die Farbe dort auf "Weiß" zu setzen.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, I did understand you the first time.
the problem is one of the engine limitations that can't easily be replaced without a lot of code.

There is a place in the code where each type of text is assigned a color number that tells it which color from the window.png to use. That would be the place to check next (sorry, I don't know where it is for MV - I checked it last in Ace).
Unfortunately (and that is the limitation) from there on it's scattered through the entire engine. You can change the color number assignment there in the code and everything works, but if you want one specific type of text to have two different colors depending on where it is used, that is not easy to change. You would have to change the screens directly, and that is much more code.

I know there were several different types of text that got assigned the same color number, and there is a chance that menu type and data type text have two properties in that list. That is what you would have to check for MV next. But if there is only one "main text color" used for both, you'll have a much more difficult task in front of you.

Malacay2k11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
1605288730387.png
TY so far, i found the definition of hpColor and replaced the value for it and the other values.

There is just a last thing i need to chance.
1605288866572.png
i need to know how i add a IF Conditional Branch to asking for the Main menu Scene. Cuz i changed the Y Value to place the Name next to the LV. but this is miss moving the Name also at Status und Equip.

EDIT:
I tried this way:

1605296863150.png
But it does not working ( obviously ):D ... so could maybe some one tell the right way ^^ ?

Last edited:

Malacay2k11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
So is there nobody with the JS knowledge to write this small piece of code :\`???

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.
So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROBBYDUDE