Small question about the skills database.

ElOtario

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Pretuguês
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I'm thinking of replacing most skills in the database with my own. The problem is that I think some skills should be there, otherwise I might mess things up. Am I correct to assume that I should only start replacing from skill 8 onwards (after wait)?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I removed all the skill except skill id 1 and 2
The rest I make my own. Same goes to other databases, yes, including animation.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
check the notes in a new project:
Skill #1 is used by the attack button, skill #2 is used by the guard button.
you can change them, but unless you use a plugin to change the engine those two skills will always be triggered by those two buttons in battle.

additionally, state #1 is the death state that is automatically applied on HP=0.

but those are the only hardcoded links inside the engine

ElOtario

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Pretuguês
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you for answering my question

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I removed all the skills. You don't have to keep any if you don't want them. The default project template is just there to give you the bare minimum to test the features.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah, you do. As already said, skills 1 and 2 are hardcoded to be used as attack and defend/guard. And state 1 is hardcoded as death.
You could complete change skill 1 and 2. My point was just that you can completely redo everything.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
You'd need to modify the scripts so that the game wont use skill 1 and 2 as default for attack and guard though, so suggesting that you can change/delete "them all" without telling them about that is kind of problematic because the other person might edit Skill 1 and 2 and then begin asking why his Attack and Guard commands now behave differently.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'd need to modify the scripts so that they wont use skill 1 and 2 as default for attack and guard though, so suggesting that you can change "them all" without telling that is kind of problematic because the other person might edit Skill 1 and 2 and then begin asking why his Attack and Guard commands don't work.
People already pointed that out before me, so I figured I didn't have to repeat it.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
People already pointed that out before me, so I figured I didn't have to repeat it.
Imagine you saw this:

Person 1: You cant change this, unless you use a script to unlink them
Person 2: You can change this, I did that already.

It begins to be confusing because person 2's statement is actually contradicting Person 1.

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could complete change skill 1 and 2. My point was just that you can completely redo everything.
You didn't say anything about using scripts. It sounded like others said you can't change them without plugins, then you were saying yes, you can.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Let me chime in. From what I understand is, Mushcake was trying to say "Yes, you can change how the attack skill behaves (because someone already pointed out that skill 1 is for attack and 2 is for guard", and that doesn't need a script/plugin at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

-_- Now we have punishments for skipping meals, specially breakfast. At least let me sleep on Fridays -_-
colorize an old sketch
Welp... with numerous plugins and a bit of Javascript help, I've simulated an AP system in battle. Proud of myself honestly.
Why most of games like to give a horrible control to an aircraft vehicle? can I get a simplified control that does not require me to roll first just to change my direction?
Homie, this so amazing! Old but Gold :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOG32