the___blade

They/Them
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again, MZ forum! You're bound to get a lot of questions from me as I embark on my RMMZ journey. Right now, I'm looking for a way, plugin or otherwise, to have only three members of the party, and have all the menus honor that change.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you mean? All of the menus should work perfectly if you only add 3 actors to your party.

the___blade

They/Them
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you mean? All of the menus should work perfectly if you only add 3 actors to your party.
I'll try to explain better. My game will have six PCs, three of which can be in the active party at any time, while the others are in reserve. I'd like it to be set up that the menu doesn't have space for a fourth party member when opened.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh. Then you'll need to change how the items (the information blocks for the actors) are drawn in the status menu so that three of them fill the screen instead of four.

You can either get a tool for that (I believe SRD's Super Tools/HUD Maker will let you edit the status menu), or you can learn what parts of JavaScript have to do with that and edit it in your rmmz_windows or rmmz_scenes files.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yea, that'll need a plugin, albeit a simple one.

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Thank you.

I feel like VisuStella probably has all the relevant options, but I'm not super familiar with their plugins...

Alternatively, you could try this (save as .js file, import as plugin):
JavaScript:
/*:
 * @target MZ
 * @plugindesc 3 battle members instead of 4.
 * @help Terms of use: free to use and/or modify for any project.
 */

// 3 battle members instead of 4
Game_Party.prototype.maxBattleMembers = function() {
    return 3;
};

// 3 status blocks in the pause menu instead of 4
Window_MenuStatus.prototype.numVisibleRows = function() {
    return 3;
};

// Reduce pause menu status window height by 25%
(alias => {
  Scene_Menu.prototype.statusWindowRect = function() {
    const rect = alias.apply(this, arguments);
    rect.height = Math.ceil(rect.height * 0.75);
    return rect;
  };
})(Scene_Menu.prototype.statusWindowRect);
There are 3 parts here: if you don't want one of the parts, just delete (or comment out) that part.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

the girls.png
So, these are all the girls of the party =3 (beside the protagonist if you play as a female.)
Now, I just have one more character sheet of the guys left and I'm done with their presentations =3
Can you recognize where this area is from? :kaocry:
Mq9QM3h.png
For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:
I guess I have no idea how to properly upload a custom font lmao. The menu fonts are too damn small.

Font_Size.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamechanger