Smash Ultimate Newcomers, who do YOU want???

TheMutantSpaceDancer

Maker of Goof 'ems.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now with that fancy brand new Smash Ultimate game coming out in December, I gotta ask, who do YOU wanna see as a newcomer in this glorious fighter?

Here's my wishlist:
Rayman
Crash Bandicoot
King K. Rool
Karate Joe
Tingle
Waluigi

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Gunvolt or Copen...
That is all.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shantae and Shovel Knight. Nuff said.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm afraid I'm going to bore you with this predictable response, but overall I just want to see more non-human characters as playables, so preferably not gen 7 Pokemon.

Tarq

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd like to see more Mario mooks, like Goombas and Koopas. Not as individual characters but similar to how Project M handled Pokemon.
Since there's already some sort of contract in place to allow Megaman I'd like it if they brought in the Servbots from the Misadventures of Tron Bonne. Idk whether being included in one of the Marvel vs Capcom games already makes that more or less likely to happen though.

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rex with Homura and Hikari.

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
For the ones already mentioned, I would want King K. Rool and Waluigi. Gunvolt could be good too. I would also want Hector from Fire Emblem (he uses heavy axes) and maybe Sora from Kingdom Hearts (it's possible).
However, it sounds like this game would not be so focused on getting new characters so instead we might get them in Smash 6 (yes, Sakurai confirmed that he plans on it and it would be a reboot game, removing much of the current cast so things could change). He says that getting the cast they already have in Smash Ultimate took a ton of work, just for having the creators cooperate, even though much of them are Nintendo based.

TheMutantSpaceDancer

Maker of Goof 'ems.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I knew that. I'm just asking because I feel that I think we still will get at least 2 or 3 newcomers.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Now people can stop throwing around the "Ridley is too big" argument.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
War from Darksiders
Lightning from FFXIII
Squall from FFVIII
Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia (mostly for the meme)
Morgana from Persona 5 (would be really funny if turning into a bus and hitting people were possible)

Tifa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alucard [Castlevania]
the Masked Man [Mother 3]

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
With two characters from Capcom and Sega each, do you guys think Konami, Namco or Square Enix could get a second representative?

Alkemical

Transient Lion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Your submissions are good and all.

But we already know who's gonna be in Ultimate.
DJANQ1eVYAEx8dr.png

trouble time

Victorious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You know what, let me get a real wishlist character, Alis from Phantasy Star or Rolf/ Nei from Phantasy Star II, I love Phantasy Star, though for all that I haven't found the time to play 4 and I think 3 was interesting for the generational mechanic, but it needed a lot of polish

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Geno.

They were able to get Cloud twice, and have Geno as a Mii costume. Now would be his best chance of any.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I can't stop imagining that there was only one vote for Richter Belmont in the Smash Ballot, and the guy who voted for him is freaking out right now.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's this for an idea I might do: A Touhou RPG set in the universe of the Hoi4 mod "The New Order: Last Days of Europe". Expect BurgSys Yukari, the Great Fairy Trial, and funni clock Flandre
The thing I don't like about VRMMORPG anime is that they're unrealistic. I mean, we know we have a lot of ping issues, latency, and desync. Would be funny if you shoot a player and they immediately teleport somewhere because "ha, your internet suck!".
I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojoboivin