~SmashArtist's Art Workshop~ [1/3 slots taken] ((CLOSED))

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, I know I haven't done much lately, so I've decided to open up the workshop for an event!
Basically you can give reference to a character of yours and I'll either make you a bust, a faceset, or a spritesheet.
More information is on the main post!

Hopefully this'll help me get back into art while also allowing everyone to request specific characters for their games which is not normally a thing with this workshop.

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to request a (vaguely RTP-ish style) bust for Camila my game's protagonist because I already have (several) faceset(s) and a sprite sheet for her, so only a bust is needed*. But I am concerned that I'm misunderstanding the workshop rules and that the point of the event is to get either a bust, a faceset, or a spritesheet completely at random? If that's how this works, I'm pretty sure that while I'm trying to think of which of my OCs I'd love to get a random asset of, three people will swoop in and snag all three shots.

As this character's visual design is from the RTP, other people could almost certainly get use out of this bust.

Oh, and I'm sorry for anything else I did wrong in this post in terms of form/format.

Has no bearing on anything, but your dragons are awesome, btw.

(I included references just in case. The hatless versions are my own shoddy work, anyone w/ rights to use the base resource should feel free to use the hatless versions, no credit needed.)
*References:
$Hat Trick.pngTALL Actor3.png
Mila, AKA Actor 3-8 (Lower Right).
mila emo.png
non-RTP Faces/emoset by TheStoryteller01.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CrowStorm Yeah sorry if the rules are unclear, basically you give reference(or a detailed description) of one of your characters through the EVENT form(located in the REQUEST FORM spoiler). Make sure to copy, paste and then fill in the form provided(make sure it's the EVENT form) just to make things clearer and more easy for me to understand.
Based on the information you give in the form I'll either make a bust, a faceset, or a spritesheet randomly for you of that character.
You make a good point about wanting something more specific, so I've added an extra spot in the form where you can mention which resource type(bust, faceset, or spritesheet) you'd prefer to receive.
I'll try to stick to what you'd prefer, but if I'm having too much issue with that type I may try another type. (you can include an order of preference if you like)
If you don't include a preference I'll pick which resource type the character will be drawn as.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooh, sounds like a great way to get back into resource making! I'll go ahead and make a request, but don't worry if you can't get to it (no game for it at the moment, just something that sounded fun :) ).

Hey, Smash, I’ve got an ...
☆ EVENT REQUEST ☆

I'd love to see a tomboy princess!
  • IF I RECEIVE A BUST: Give her a cocky pose. :VXA1:
  • IF I RECEIVE A FACESET: How about some exaggerated and silly faces? Things like sticking her tongue out or a super cocky grin.
  • IF I RECEIVE A SPRITESHEET: A normal walking Sprite please!
  • STYLE: Whatever style you want. :)
  • ENGINE: MV
  • CHARACTER: As I mentioned, I'm thinking of a tomboy princess. Think of the most generic princess you see in games or movies, the one that ends up kidnapped and has to be saved by the hero. And then make her into an unruly teen who'd rather practice sword fighting than have a tea party. :p She has to wear a dress, but that doesn't mean she keeps it neat and tidy, so dirt or mud stains would be common. I don't have an exact look for her imagined, so feel free to have fun with it!
  • PREFERENCE: No preference.
  • PRIVATE vs PUBLIC: Public!
  • Find my project info here! : No project for her... Yet.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hiddenone sounds interesting!
I've put you in the first slot and used a random picker to choose what resource type I'll be making.
Let's hope it'll turn out decent. :kaoswt2:

Edit:
Sorry everyone but I had to close the workshop early. Sudden health issues have come up and I need to make sure I'm in a better place before opening up again. Thank you for understanding and I apologize for any inconveniences.

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hiddenone your request is complete!
Here's the faceset for your tomboy princess. She doesn't look too much like a tomboy, but I decided to make her in MV's RTP style so she's easier to use in an all RTP project. I also made a muddy and non-muddy version of her.

SA_TomboyPrincess_Faceset_For_Hiddenone.png

Pretty happy with how she turned out! Hopefully she comes to good use!

About the workshop, I don't want to open it up again yet as I'm still on unstable grounds, but @CrowStorm if you want to you can fill in the event form and I'll see if I can finish your request in my free time.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your health definitely comes first, I hope you recover fully soon. But I'm so happy that you were able to make the tomboy princess (her emotions are perfect!), now I have to come up with a game for her! :kaoluv:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been feeling a bit better so I'm opening the workshop for the event again.
Can't promise that it'll necessarily stay open for long, so here's hoping everything continues smoothly!

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
  • IF I RECEIVE A BUST: Some type of cutesy pose. Like :3 and nyaaa kitteh hands pose.
  • IF I RECEIVE A FACESET: "dont talk me I'm angy" angryrage scaryface, nomnomnom sweets, poutypout, ^ w^-smile-desu
  • IF I RECEIVE A SPRITESHEET: Walk cycle
  • STYLE: Any
  • ENGINE: MV
  • CHARACTER: A demonlord-like "villain" with a kawaii-desu complex. Fangs too big for his mouth. Will eat all of your cookies, probably. Intimidating, but somehow manages to be cute at the same time. Somewhat of a look between Hargon-kun (guy in my avatar) and CATS from Zero Wing. Distinguished, villainy, but cutesy behaved unless ticked off and then becomes scary. lol
  • PREFERENCE: Bust -> Faceset -> Sprite sheet (from most wanted to least)
  • PRIVATE vs PUBLIC: Public
  • Find my project info here! : Don't have one, want it for future use for stuff, and to see what others might make with it!

Sanyee

Just a Random but really Cool NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, Smash~! Just found your workshop, the day I came back to the forum, and wanted to say... that I totally became your fan~!

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, Smash, I’ve got an ...
☆ EVENT REQUEST ☆

• IF I RECEIVE A BUST: Give her a casual pose with one hand on her hips.
  • IF I RECEIVE A FACESET: Neutral, happy, angry, sad, flirtatious smile, and (if possible) injured
  • IF I RECEIVE A SPRITESHEET: A walk cycle and her shooting to either side
  • STYLE: For her bust/faceset, I want it to look realistic if possible - not cartoony at all. For sprite, VX Ace style
  • ENGINE: Ace
  • CHARACTER:
    Who she is
    So this is a female mercenary/assassin. She works for money and charges a very high fee; she takes out targets that she is assigned to with her sniper rifle and knives. She's killed hundreds of people.
    Appearance
    She has pretty short brown hair, her outfit consists of an open black leather jacket over a simple black shirt. She has tight black pants of the same color. Make the pants and jacket a little shiny. She wears a sniper rifle on her back and has knives at her belt. She's very attractive as well.
    Personality
    She enjoys her job of killing people (a little dark I know). Her personality is somewhat flirtatious and suggestive; she gets close to male targets with such. However, she is a little lonely inside.
  • PREFERENCE: Would like busts for all emotions, but if that is too much work, bust for just the neutral expression and faceset for that plus the rest? Sprite unnecessary.
  • PRIVATE vs PUBLIC: Private, at least for now
  • Find my project info here! : n/a

Tell me if you need more :)

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, Smash, I’ve got a ...
REQUEST
RESOURCE TYPE: Battler Sprite

STYLE: Custom

ENGINE: MV

CHARS/ENEMIES/ITEMS: Similar to Cid Highwind, size around 450pix high and width proportionate to it please

EXTRA INFO: Battle ready pose

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've added you both to the slot section!

@Nightblade50 I'll try my best at the realism, but I have to warn you I'm pretty terrible at it. :kaoswt2:

@J-G what kind of style are you looking for?
Also can you give me more info on the battler? Are you looking for a general enemy, or did you want more specifics?

Last edited:

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've added you both to the slot section!

@Nightblade50 I'll try my best at the realism, but I have to warn you I'm pretty terrible at it. :kaoswt2:

@J-G what kind of style are you looking for?
Also can you give me more info on the battler? Are you looking for a general enemy, or did you want more specifics?
CidHighwind-FFVIIArt.png
Kinda like him but done in mv static enemy style. But with slightly more vibrant colors.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kinda like him but done in mv static enemy style. But with slightly more vibrant colors.
Alright, so I'll make a battler that looks similar without copying him completely in MV's static battler style.
I'll see what I can make! :) :thumbsup-right:

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, so I'll make a battler that looks similar without copying him completely in MV's static battler style.
I'll see what I can make! :) :thumbsup-right:
Yes please, and thank you

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SmashArtist Also, please make her shirt a little short, so it shows her stomach a little, and the shirt's neckline plunging a little

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scierwo