SMO - Achievements Menu v1.03

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
like index of all, you have 4 trophies: 1, 2, 3, 4, but you cant go from 4 to 1 to start over.
if this is intentional, I would like to know how to get 4 to 1 again.

but see if you can add the suggestion mention, because auto reward + popup inside
1 plugin is always better than 3 (of CGMV core, achievemen + toast for popup)
which I modified for the image part.

the plugin further is very powerfull, get it done and your achievement become nr1 for me,
cgmv 2nd (while his is extremely easy to use), while yours can be extended with some
js knowledge, just need to figure out which one if not everything you can add as function.
because you use 1 for audio, which I believe, it might be done with images (cant tell)
because I need to find my code for calling pictures.

as for the editor, im curious how you build it up. but when I like it, I will switch anyway =)

AS A SIDENOTE:
you have a structure with
1. text text text
2. text text text
3 textext text
4. indext 6 is count as 1
5. ------ gameplay -----
6. code for achievement (index 1)
7. code for achievement (index 2
8 ------- battle -------
9 battle 1 (index 3?)
10 battle 2 (index 4?)
11 ------- misc -------
12 misc stuff (index 5)?

or do I see this wrong?
Ooh, so you were talking about the trophies, I get it, I didn't write anything about it on the help section (my bad), not until recently, I added some info about it some days ago: you can click on the trophy to select it or press the arrow keys <- -> to move the selector, hold the arrow keys to move it quicker.

A bonus info which I also forgot to add in the info until recently is: you can open the Sort Option by pressing Shift, and you can move it's cursor with arrow keys either. The gamepad is also supported.

This is already functional on v1.02, I just forgot to add it to the help section :p

The stuff you asked about is easy to do, the editor is the one which is taking too much time to be completed, + I'm also programming another plugin for a friend so the next update will come in a few days.

You can write whatever you want on the "Achievements Data" structure, if the line doesn't start with a "{" it'll be ignored.
For example, a simple setup would be like:
1. achiev -> id 1
2. achiev -> id 2
3. achiev -> id 3

While a setup with texts would be like:
1. text -> ignored
2. achiev -> id 1
3. text -> ignored
4. achiev -> id 2
5. text -> ignored
6. text -> ignored
7. achiev -> id 3

The ids are given based on the order of the achievements only, texts will be ignored.
But you don't need to use the id's if you don't want to, you can call an achievement using it's name, like: $gameSystem.achievement('Playing Safe')

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you for the clarifications, I saw A-z but didn't know how to reach that.
but you do a good job.

I will mess around with it and see whats possible on advanced section of js
(if I can figure it out) but a few examples in the helpfile would help alot of people
as well if they want to advanced the achievement part.

but with low knowledge can see the helpfile if there are 3 -5 examples ready to use
which are usefull so they can learn and expend if they want too.

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 1.03 is out, buddies! :smile:
News:
- The info window now open/close instead of just appearing/disappearing;
- Improved wrap text mechanic, and it also works on the info window now;
- Improved performance on the menu;
- Achievements are now refreshed after transfering; - Parameter "Unlocked In" changed to "Unlocked On";
- New parameters for trophies on "Categories and Trophies": "Hide Trophy",
"Trophy Image" and "On Unlock";
- New parameter inside "Use Trophies": "Trophy Selector";
- Added option to select images for locked and secret achievements (check
out "Locked Achiev Background" and "Secret Achiev Background";
- Added text codes for the pop up's text and for the "Unlocked On" text;
- It's possible to set a different image for the pop up for each achiev,
check out "Pop Up Image" inside "Achievements Data";
- Fixed bug where advanced requirements were not working properly;

The editor will still take some time to be ready, that's why I decided be release v1.03 now with some new features. A critical bug was also fixed on this version, I forgot to add this info on the plugin's changelog but I added it here!

Cheers everyone, and stay safe:kaoluv:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Demo refreshed too with those? but I check it out anyways, if it does what I like,
I report back for feedback ^^. nice improvements though.

EDIT:
the image pop up is not exacly what I had in mind, but the way it shows can have possibilites
which can save me tons of images.

few Questions:
1) I saw that the achievement can be hidden (compleetly (nice) but you see if there are 4
achievement, 2 hidden, it shows 4, but when ON, it doesn't count toward a trophy,
does this mean, you can get the achievement, but count as trophy is ignored?
while it shows 1/3 if a hidden achievement is gotten (I hid 2 from default battle to test).

2) the index from the achievement (is still stuck from last index and wont jump to start.
next update for a fix?

3) I still need to dive a bit deeper in the new version, but how do you aline the popups
correctly? just Graphics.boxWidth / 2? without - PopUpsbox?

because I like to center it on the bottom. else I play around with flat numbers which
always works.

4) if you unlock a achievement, the standard color counts for all (default its blue)
and text white.

can you or is the possibility to chance the color per category? or achievement?

I love the improvements, and things can really work out here.
based on the improvement you made and things can work out, I'm going to
switch for sure, bit more complex, but ones setted up, its easy to use afterwards.
thank you for the improvement for the pop up image :)
I do some little tests later with a custom image and how the text shows on it.
only when I do popup height on 60pixels (images Height), its kinda small, so I need
to play a bit to get it right.

Well done :)

Last edited:

Zekken

Programmer? Pro-Gamer? Pro-Grammar?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice plugin! Can't wait to try

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Demo refreshed too with those? but I check it out anyways, if it does what I like,
I report back for feedback ^^. nice improvements though.

EDIT:
the image pop up is not exacly what I had in mind, but the way it shows can have possibilites
which can save me tons of images.

few Questions:
1) I saw that the achievement can be hidden (compleetly (nice) but you see if there are 4
achievement, 2 hidden, it shows 4, but when ON, it doesn't count toward a trophy,
does this mean, you can get the achievement, but count as trophy is ignored?
while it shows 1/3 if a hidden achievement is gotten (I hid 2 from default battle to test).

2) the index from the achievement (is still stuck from last index and wont jump to start.
next update for a fix?

3) I still need to dive a bit deeper in the new version, but how do you aline the popups
correctly? just Graphics.boxWidth / 2? without - PopUpsbox?

because I like to center it on the bottom. else I play around with flat numbers which
always works.

4) if you unlock a achievement, the standard color counts for all (default its blue)
and text white.

can you or is the possibility to chance the color per category? or achievement?

I love the improvements, and things can really work out here.
based on the improvement you made and things can work out, I'm going to
switch for sure, bit more complex, but ones setted up, its easy to use afterwards.
thank you for the improvement for the pop up image :)
I do some little tests later with a custom image and how the text shows on it.
only when I do popup height on 60pixels (images Height), its kinda small, so I need
to play a bit to get it right.

Well done :)
Thanks for the feedback man!

About your questions:
0) Yeah I changed some achievements on the demo;

1) Completely hidden achievements will not count for the total progress, the player can unlock trophies without unlocking the completely hidden achievements;

2) You mean the last trophy's index?

3) You may just use flat numbers or use a formula for each coordinate:
for the pop up's x: (Graphics.width - PopUp.width)/2
for the pop up's y: Graphics.height - PopUp.height
It'll be easier to do with the editor though.

4) Sure, that and other changes were already in my plans;

Thanks again for the feedback!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean the last trophy index, I should avoid compleet hidden achievements.
but I may find a way for it to use.

I will play with the functions, but its a really good one. thanx for the answers. :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question, while you can earn gold (while I dont) but use its function differently,
is it doable to earn ,when SPEND gold? like you have 500 gold, you need to spend
4k, you spend 400, so 400 is stored, later, you can buy 3000, ad a bit later somewhere
600gold, to earn the achievement, 4k gold spend. how can I set it up like this?

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question, while you can earn gold (while I dont) but use its function differently,
is it doable to earn ,when SPEND gold? like you have 500 gold, you need to spend
4k, you spend 400, so 400 is stored, later, you can buy 3000, ad a bit later somewhere
600gold, to earn the achievement, 4k gold spend. how can I set it up like this?
So you are looking for a way to track the gold spent to use it as an achievement's requirement?
I believe there's no way to do that without creating some scripts, but it's no hard to do, I can add a method to track that :)

Also, I think I saw you on Veno's discord another day, fell free to send a message to me on discord, I'll probably answer faster there :smile:

Destra47

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I must be doing something wrong here, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. I've compared my project to the demo one and I can't see what's missing. Whenever I open my project with this plugin I get:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'achievPopUp' of null
If I disable popup windows it instead then crashes on
TypeError: Cannot read property 'achievs' of null

Doesn't seem to matter when in my plugin list I put it, either.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Destra47 while I messed around with this plugin, did you change anything in the
params regardless to the popup?

if so, can you screenshot it, possible with the console log screenshot (F8) on the crash?

I might be able to help you, if not, SMO can help you on it.

Destra47

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Destra47 while I messed around with this plugin, did you change anything in the
params regardless to the popup?

if so, can you screenshot it, possible with the console log screenshot (F8) on the crash?

I might be able to help you, if not, SMO can help you on it.
I couldn't find anything different in mine really compared to the one in the demo.
Either way, I ended up downloading and fiddling with the CGMV Achievements plugin and that one seems to do what I was after. It doesn't have all the features of this plugin, but it's got the features I needed.

Thanks for the help, though.

ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @SMO_Valadorn i think i found some compatible problems in your plugin.
First is, if installed it below Yep_Message Core & Yep_MsgPack1, when Achievement Popup window show up, the game will crash with this error
1606445746691.png

And secondly, i am not sure which plugin might cause it but when an achievement's requirement was fulfilled, it doesn't get unlocked but the progress bar of it displayed as 99%

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hello @SMO_Valadorn , are you continuing to maintain the script? I saw that after the recent compatibility problems there has been no more news from you ...

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@ShadowDragon Oh, yeah... it was only a simple question :) I don't want to put hurry to nobody, only asking.

Unfortunately, a lot of beautiful project are left to die, and they don't really deserve it, because they are wonderful works ...

Thank you for the notice :)

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yo,

I know it's been a long time since my last release, sorry about that :kaoblush:

Don't worry, I'm still working with this plugin and there are big changes comming, I already fixed the bug reports I've seen so if you find any other bug just report it here and I'll fix it too :D

What's comming on the next version?
I'm working on a menu editor, kinda like SRD's menu editor, but this one is specific for the achievements' menu, it allows you to edit texts, drag windows around, change their opacity and each window has it's own options for edition. The pop up will also be customizable and I'm working on a way to add/edit the achevements too, all this using the new editor.

When will the next version come out?
That's hard to say, but I want to release it before 2021, I'm still a noob at programming and when I learn new stuff I rewrite my scripts to optimize them, make them more readable and easier to edit, all that while working on other projects and passing through college exams :kaosigh:. Anyways, I hope I can bring the next version soon.

I hope you guys are doing fine, be safe everyone! :kaoluv:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Yo,

I know it's been a long time since my last release, sorry about that :kaoblush:

Don't worry, I'm still working with this plugin and there are big changes comming, I already fixed the bug reports I've seen so if you find any other bug just report it here and I'll fix it too :D

What's comming on the next version?
I'm working on a menu editor, kinda like SRD's menu editor, but this one is specific for the achievements' menu, it allows you to edit texts, drag windows around, change their opacity and each window has it's own options for edition. The pop up will also be customizable and I'm working on a way to add/edit the achevements too, all this using the new editor.

When will the next version come out?
That's hard to say, but I want to release it before 2021, I'm still a noob at programming and when I learn new stuff I rewrite my scripts to optimize them, make them more readable and easier to edit, all that while working on other projects and passing through college exams :kaosigh:. Anyways, I hope I can bring the next version soon.

I hope you guys are doing fine, be safe everyone! :kaoluv:

Fantastic!!!! Can't wait for changelogs and future updates! YOU ROCK!!

Marianna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @SMO_Valadorn i think i found some compatible problems in your plugin.
First is, if installed it below Yep_Message Core & Yep_MsgPack1, when Achievement Popup window show up, the game will crash with this error
View attachment 169130

And secondly, i am not sure which plugin might cause it but when an achievement's requirement was fulfilled, it doesn't get unlocked but the progress bar of it displayed as 99%
Hi, @ravenhood. I have this two problems exactly too.
The progress bar don't unlocked and only displaying 99% I resolved it turn "Global" in "Local".
EDIT: I Resolved it already! The error was in Global because I don't have a Achievements.json empty file in the data folder. I read the plugin help and I found my error. You only need if turn it in global, create an empty file "Achievements.json" in the data folder and solved!

I want to ask too how resolve the second trouble about plugins of Yanfly (Message Core and the other ones, not only Mess.Pack1, also EvalText and Macros). Don't look to be compatible... Hope that SMO_Valadorn can help us. This is a very amazing plugin! :D MerryXMas! And sorry for the bad english, is not my first language.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Marianna the problem with YEP_MessageCore and packs are already solved.
and with some features in progress, the new version will if possible within a few days
together with the GUI software to build achivements in to make it easier and user friendly.

you just have to wait a bit longer, so either turn OFF messageCore or this Plugin for the
time being =)

I need to wait too but I played with it, but the fix is something that comes shorly :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason
I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.
Searching what to play in my dead times, the nostalgia hit me hard and ended downloading the Patapon trilogy, hope I can avenge my child self and beating all the games hahaha
Finished the frontier and...I apologize to anyone who saw the trailer I posted and actually tried it. Technical marvel, crazy disjointed fetish story hidden inside a cheap milsim skin that has no idea what it's trying to be except sanctimonious and failing at even that. As much as I hate fallout 4's story, even it was better. I guess there just won't be another non-parody fallout after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EpicLast