SMT Fusion System

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Demi_Fiend, Nov 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Demi_Fiend

Demi_Fiend Chaos Hero Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi!

I'm looking for someone to make some changes to a script that replicates the fusion system from the Shin Megami Tensei series. While the script is mostly complete, there are still some bugs as well as changes I'd like to make.

Below is a general description of the fusion system:

Demon fusion is a mechanic from the SMT franchise that allows you to fuse multiple party members (demons) into one. There are two types of fusion, which are accessed from a menu:

1) Normal Fusion: The game gives you a list of your characters (not counting the lead character.) You select two of them. Those two fuse to become a completely new character.

2) Special Fusion: Instead of selecting characters to fuse, the game gives you a list of the ones you can create. As such, if you don't have the necessary characters, the fusion cannot be performed. You can fuse up to 4 characters this way. Characters made through special fusion cannot be made through normal fusion. Special fusions are unlocked through switches.

Inheriting Skills:
    Before you go through with the fusion, the game lists each of the original characters' skills. You can select 2 to pass down to the newly made character. Some skills cannot be passed down.

Level Ceiling:
    Characters fused cannot exceed the protagonist's level. The protagonist is defined as the first actor in the party. As such he cannot be fused.

Fusion Accident:
    Sometimes, when two characters are fused, there is a chance of a fusion accident. When this occurs, the character made is different from the one specified in the script. This new character is chosen randomly from a pool of possible options, but cannot exceed the protagonist's level.

...and here's the script itself:

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you the changes that need to be made.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  2. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump!

3. Demi_Fiend

First Language: