SMT-Like Fusion Script [Big Request ~ Willing to Trade]

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Demi_Fiend, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demi_Fiend

Demi_Fiend Chaos Hero Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello everybody!

So, I'm looking for a character fusion system, similar to the Shin Megami Tensei series. I know this script exists, but it doesn't have everything that I'm looking for.

The fusion menu should be accessible through an event. There are two basic kinds of fusion:

1) Normal Fusion: The game gives you a list of your characters (not counting the lead character.) You select two of them. Those two fuse to become a completely new character.

2) Special Fusion: Instead of selecting characters to fuse, the game gives you a list of the ones you can create. As such, if you don't have the necessary characters, the fusion cannot be performed. You can fuse up to 4 demons this way. Characters made through special fusion cannot be made through normal fusion. Special fusions are unlocked through switches.

Inheriting Skills:
    Before you go through with the fusion, the game lists each of the original characters' skills. You can select 2 to pass down to the newly made character. Some skills cannot be passed down.

Level Ceiling:
    Characters fused cannot exceed the protagonist's level. The protagonist is defined as the first actor in the party. As such he cannot be fused.

Fusion Accident:
    Sometimes, when two characters are fused, there is a chance of a fusion accident. When this occurs, the character made is different from the one specified in the script. This new character is chosen randomly from a pool of possible options, but cannot exceed the protagonist's level.

I know this is a lot to ask. Many people might not have the time to make a big script for free. As such, I would be more than happy to help out with anybody's project. I'm not very good at art or scripting, but I would be more than happy to help with things like story, testing, and mapping.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump!

3. TakeHomeTheCup

TakeHomeTheCup Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Are you sure you can't do this with eventing? I mean, isn't simply defining what two actors(I assume?) form a normal fusion?
    The inheriting skills part I understand though.

4. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @TakeHomeTheCup Technically it can be done through events, but a script would make it infinitely easier. I have over 200 different characters, so it would be incredibly difficult and time consuming creating event scenarios for each one. And that's not even taking into account skill inheritance. It would be much easier done with a script.

5. TakeHomeTheCup

TakeHomeTheCup Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Unless you already have something for this, I guess I can try writing it. What do you want the window(s) to look like? How would you want the menu to work?

6. Demi_Fiend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks so much for taking the time to help! So, the screen resolution is 408 x 312. Keep that in mind when making the UI. Default windows are fine, since I'm not looking for anything too fancy. For the actual fusion process, once you finish selecting characters to fuse, it shows the product character and its info (Class, stats, skills, and description). You then select skills to pass down. It then gives you a confirmation, and proceeds with the fusion. This next one is optional. Each character has a common event that activates after they are fused (Specified in the script or notetags). Special fusion is the same, except you select the product character from a list of possible special fusions. It will then proceed as a normal fusion. That's about it. Here's a link to the fusion system mine is based on, in case there's any confusion.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  7. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.