SMT-Like Fusion System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Demi_Fiend, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Demi_Fiend

Demi_Fiend Chaos Hero Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello everybody!

So, I'm looking for a character fusion system, similar to the Shin Megami Tensei series.

The fusion menu should be accessible through an event. There are two basic kinds of fusion:

1) Normal Fusion: The game gives you a list of your characters (not counting the lead character.) You select two of them. Those two fuse to become a completely new character.

2) Special Fusion: Instead of selecting characters to fuse, the game gives you a list of the ones you can create. As such, if you don't have the necessary characters, the fusion cannot be performed. You can fuse up to 4 demons this way. Characters made through special fusion cannot be made through normal fusion. Special fusions are unlocked through switches.

Inheriting Skills:
    Before you go through with the fusion, the game lists each of the original characters' skills. You can select 2 to pass down to the newly made character. Some skills cannot be passed down.

Level Ceiling:
    Characters fused cannot exceed the protagonist's level. The protagonist is defined as the first actor in the party. As such he cannot be fused.

Fusion Accident:
    Sometimes, when two characters are fused, there is a chance of a fusion accident. When this occurs, the character made is different from the one specified in the script. This new character is chosen randomly from a pool of possible options, but cannot exceed the protagonist's level.

I know this is a lot to ask. Many people might not have the time to make a big plugin for free. As such, I would be more than happy to help out with anybody's project. I'm not very good at art or scripting, but I would be more than happy to help with things like story, testing, and mapping.