Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone else find them interesting? Where I live, a lot of people are afraid of them despite the area being home mostly to harmless snakes (garter snakes for example). I've also handled a ball python and no issues there. If anything the thing was kinda cute.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not afraid of them but they aren't my favorite animal either. They can be sneaky little *******s though, hiding in-between a cleft of mud and rock for the unwary or falling from tree branches on to you in the middle of the night and the presumed safety of your hammock which I guess is a little unnerving when it happens. In general I don't get why so many people are terrified of them, though, where I live only 4 species in over 300 are actually venomous and even those that are aren't particularly dangerous to people, as all but the coral have less than a 15% mortality rate when biting people and left untreated anyways, and no one treated has died from them here in over a hundred years.

If I lived in, say, Africa or Australia maybe I could understand the wariness, as those countries both have snakes whose venom can kill a man within a day but in America our housecats are typically more dangerous than our snakes are.

Last edited:

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, they do fascinate me. :D I generally like all/most animals, but reptiles like snakes are certainly among the more interesting ones to me. I do want to hold an adult snake in my hands at some point. The only time I held a snake I recall was many years ago and it was a baby snake, so it was pretty small (I can't remember exactly what species it was, I think it might've been a cat snake since this was during a holiday in Cyprus).

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I love snakes, but then I love all animals.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I own a pet snake named Zero...cinnamon morph ball python.
He's gentle and so sweet he's scared to hurt his dead food.
Short answer, yes, snakes are cute and I love them.

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Snakes are so cute :kaoluv: I dunno how people are afraid of them unless you're talking about the dangerous poisonous ones

I want a pet snake so badly but my mom is afraid of them :kaoback:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's no snake like the one in Nokia 3310. It's one of the few snakes that could pass through walls :D

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like snakes, and I watched a lot of snake science videos (not really, mostly just related to evolution theory or so)
But the way they move is kinda creeping me out. Still, snakes are an interesting creature, and great as a source of creativity

Yesman2_0

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I've had a ball python, named Lucy, for about three years now. Fun pet to have.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Snakes are so cute! :wub
I haven't gotten to have my own, but I have gone to see this cutie at the Detroit Zoo a couple times.

Vaena

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Just saw this thread and actually caught and held a snake yesterday afternoon. It's true a lot of people are unreasonably afraid of ALL snakes here in America. Especially in the north where dangerous ones are really rare. This guy can't even really bite, and he's full grown. (He didn't even try to bite any of us, and we even let our twins pet him.)

20180430_062911.png

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just saw this thread and actually caught and held a snake yesterday afternoon. It's true a lot of people are unreasonably afraid of ALL snakes here in America. Especially in the north where dangerous ones are really rare. This guy can't even really bite, and he's full grown. (He didn't even try to bite any of us, and we even let our twins pet him.)

Yep that looks like a garter snake. They can bite, but they won't even break skin if they tried to. They're geared up for eating insects like grasshoppers and such. If one of those tried to bite me I'd be more worried about the snake than myself honestly.

Vaena

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Windows i7 Yeah, exactly. I've had one try to bite before and its poor jaws just have no chance. I mean technically they can open their jaws and close them on a finger, but it isn't going to hurt, lol. Most of the time they just let you handle them.

On a rare occasion one will be afraid and leave you a smelly 'present', but the most threat they pose is potentially making you need to wash your hands. :guffaw:

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find Kenyan Sand Boas particularly adorable :kaoluv:

Teddy97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When i was still living with my parents i somehow convinced them to get me a snake.

From that day on my parents went rarely into my room :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toanbeokame