English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Buy on Steam:

$6.99
(click the button below)

Small Capsule.png

Features:

• A sequel to a largely loved detective story with romance, this time taking place in another city.
  • Choices and consequences. Your choices will affect the events of the story and the level of trust the others have in you.
  • Romance-building. Build romantic relationships with the female characters and take them out on interesting dates.
  • Athletics, Charisma, and Erudition system is back. How you choose to improve these attributes will open up different options for you in tackling the missions and other tasks.
  • City Stats. Some of your choices will affect the city’s Safety, Economy, and Integrity, which are tied to some of the future events and endings.
  • Missing People Missions. In addition to your main missions, there are also optional missions to find the missing people in the city. Perhaps rescuing them will have a positive effect of some sort…

Story:

One month has gone by, and now Hank and his close female co-workers are wanted in a nearby city for a special case – to catch a serial killer. However, right from the start, it is clear that the killer has very unusual and terrifying methods of killing the victims. You are going to have to handle this case and to find out who is committing the murders and for what reason.

You have your loyal and cute partner on the force Gwen, you have the smart vampire scientist Alzyra, you have the kind-hearted and shy nurse Medina, you have the ever-persistent and physically strong Miroslava, and now you shall gain two more allies: a gorgonoid woman Calixa who is your chief, and a friendly goblin investigator Lambek.

Build trust with these people or act like a jerk to them, it is your choice, but know that what you do will have repercussions. The enemy you are about to face is a dangerous and unpredictable one. And some of your decisions will affect not only you and your allies, but also the city as a whole.

Gameplay Sample:

Screenshots:

Will put up a list of credits closer to the game's final release.
Estimated time of release: Late Spring/Early Summer 2019.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH..rgh~!
(all the others apart @Matseb2611 please don't ask!)

Happy we will have a second chapter of this. Like two last right chars looks.

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
dayum, Lambek doesn't get a romance option. It's a shame. I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Bonkers , awww SPOILERS~! XD True if things were inverted would one of the ladies there ends up with the very colorful Lambek?

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, only friendly relations can be built with him. :D
I am considering for another project of mine to have a choice of male or female main character, and that will also affect which romance options will be available (so a female main will romance the male party members mainly). It'd be more work, but I think it would be a nice next step for me to take. :)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
LOL! @Bonkers aww you got me scrolling back up. ^^ all right it is another reversi thing too ^^

@Matseb2611 I guess it always writes better to things we are closer... errrr... Wait does that means I am a monster???
(DC seems not agreeing with the thought and MrC seems to think I am a pretty decent humanoid.)

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, it certainly is easier to write things we are more familiar with. And romance is one of the harder things to write well so that it doesn't end up being cringey. So for now, romance-wise, I am sticking to what's more familiar that I can be sure I can write at least semi-decently. :)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Hope your romance is both nice in-game and in reality. ^^

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all. Snares of Ruin 2 has now come out on Steam! :)

Click the button below to check its Steam page.
Small Capsule.png

Thanks to all who have supported the game during its development. :)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Will add to my astronomic collection soon (find cute the goblin ^^)

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. I'd personally recommend to start with Snares of Ruin 1, then Zero, and then 2. Zero has a number of spoilers that could ruin the first game's plot. :)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Oh... true. That thing I forgot with most prequels.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, prequels like that can reveal segments of a backstory that your protagonist from the original is not aware of, so it's a lot more satisfying for narrative sake to have those segments of the backstory only shown to you after you've played the original.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Finished it! Almost 10 hours mystery. ^^ I forgot my graphic apprehensions trough its mechanics and storytelling.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad you enjoyed it, @Marquise* . Thanks as always! Your reactions to events in the game in our Steam chat were fun to read. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!
Told my five year old she couldn't have any more candy as it was nearly bed time. She looked at me and said "Don't you know people die with no food?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backdrop_Finisher