Snares of Ruin Zero

Discussion in 'Commercial Games' started by Matseb2611, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

A prequel to Snares of Ruin, showing the infection outbreak and other harrowing events over the course of 2 weeks leading up to Hank's and Gwen's arrival in the city. Follow the story from the alternating points of view of 3 ladies from the first game - Miroslava, Medina, and Alzyra.

A short, interactive point-and-click story with choices and a mood system, where your actions and words will increase or decrease your character's mood. The mood will affect some of the future dialogues, as well as the endings. Since the story is experienced from 3 alternating characters, when they interact with each other, the mood comes into play, and a low mood of one character can cause negative responses from them, in turn affecting the mood of the one they're talking to.

• A prequel to Snares of Ruin, taking place within the 2 weeks preceding it.
    • An interactive point-and-click story, witnessed from 3 separate points of view.
    • The Mood System - what you choose to say or do can affect your mood, which in turn can have an effect on some of the future events and the ending.
    • A modern day urban fantasy setting.

It is recommended to play Snares of Ruin first, as some of the events in this game can be spoilers for the Snares of Ruin plot.

Buy on Steam - $3.00

[​IMG]

Trailer:

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Credits:

DEVELOPED BY:
    Matthew Ashworth
    (Astronomic Games)

SOFTWARE:
    RPG Maker MV
    by Kadokawa

ART:
    Celianna
    Adyrn
    Woody
    Kadokawa
    PVGames
    Hyde
    Lamoot
    Matthew Ashworth

MUSIC:
    Joel Steudler
    Darren Curtis
    Deceased Superior Technician (DST)
    Joshua Curtis
    Murray Atkinson

SOUND EFFECTS:
    Joshua Curtis
    Joel Steudler
    Sonic-boom
    Sound_Design_Experts
    Federico_Manuti
    Googleeman
    Art-of-Sound
    Kadokawa
    BlinnAudio
    Sound-Ideas
    FainStudio
    Ghetty
    Woozle
    Cubestudiocg
    Ndeemax
    Pheryan
    SpaceLabStudio
    NoizFXed
    JuicyCorp
    Matthew Ashworth

PLUGINS:
    Yanfly
    Galv
    Shaz
    Atreyo Ray
    Hudell

STORY and CHARACTERS:
    Matthew Ashworth

Maple, Uzuki and RetroExcellent like this.
  2. Maple

Maple Adventure hard! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This looks good. Nice aesthetic. Portrait art has some very appealing faces too. I added Snares of Ruin to my wishlist now that I read this post, as I love a good detective story, and well, this has dating too! That's a nice twist on the genre. Perhaps as a detective you would get lots of intel on people and hopefully make wiser relationship decisions?

Matseb2611 likes this.
  3. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you very much. Yeah, Snares of Ruin is the main project with the detective story and dating. This one is more like a bonus for those who enjoyed Snares of Ruin story. It doesn't have the dating aspect, but it expands a bit more on the backstory of 3 of the female characters. I'm currently working on Snares of Ruin 2, which I hope to build on the first game and possibly even surpass it in some aspects. :)

Maple likes this.