Sigony

Crusader Masochist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The graphics shown are from the "Time Fantasy" resource pack for RMMV ([Copyright](C) Jason Perry)
The same creator created the pixel animations shown.
The gif doesn't really do the animations justice.

The work that I have done is the actual movement of the sprites.
Lots of work to do, more motions to add. And then I need to make the actual combat system that these motions are used in.

Let me know if anyone would actually find this kind of thing useful. I don't know if I'll release it, as I am using this in my game. But, maybe with a slight pay wall, anyone who actually wants it could use it without it being commonplace. Undecided.

SigonyBattleMotionGif1.gif

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you’re working on an action battle system?

Sigony

Crusader Masochist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HumanNinjaToo
Yes, firstly I’m making some basic motions to happen within it.

Then, I’m going to work out the battle systems functionality.

I loved Pokémon Mystery Dungeon on GBA, I’m going to basically try to make a close rendition of that and then maybe expand it.

hayahay

The Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Alien Language
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is so nice! would be even cooler if we can also use dragonbones with this one :kaoluv:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugins in Development. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Sigony

Crusader Masochist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You may be confused by what @HumanNinjaToo meant by "action battle system" then. An ABS, by function and definition, is a real-time combat system that takes place on the exploration map with on-map enemies a la Zelda 3.
Oh yes I had no clue what the term ABS meant. :kaothx:

Sigony

Crusader Masochist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is so nice! would be even cooler if we can also use dragonbones with this one :kaoluv:
That’s a cool idea.
I’ve never used that software, not sure how I’d integrate it. The way this plugin is set up, I don’t think it would be possible to do(for me right now).

hayahay

The Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Alien Language
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That’s a cool idea.
I’ve never used that software, not sure how I’d integrate it. The way this plugin is set up, I don’t think it would be possible to do(for me right now).
No worries, this plug-in looks cool already with sprites. Adding db animations is just a small bonus.

Sigony

Crusader Masochist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No worries, this plug-in looks cool already with sprites. Adding db animations is just a small bonus.
Again, no clue about the dragonbones software, but if it’s just animations in the db then I suppose I could play any of them by animationID depending on what initiates a movement.

If I do release this, I’ll look into whether dragonbones could be integrated.:kaopride:

cyelis1224

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
So this is along the lines of chocobos mystery dungeon. I can dig it

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice job and, yes, I would totally use this!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Friendly reminder that you don't have to be able to do absolutely everything. It's okay to scale back features or assets if things are too much - especially if you're the only one working on the game! And you can always add things in later. <3
My new cutscene system makes it so much easier to add parallel stuff happening in the background, I can easily fill the whole screen with action.

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vbzaxa