Sneak Peek: New Tileset + Season Pass DLC 4

Wookiee420

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That generator DLC really should be one sold standalone and two being sold on this site's store if possible, for one, the season pass has horrific reviews (1.5 stars) and seeing a $29.99 price tag for it does not make a good sell.

Thats why I keep asking about buying it separately, I have countless uses for children (still sounds creepy) but no uses for trains and the other stuffses.

palinskyjoe

affable madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hoppy I totally had the same feeling when I saw the bad reviews and cost.

I got my pass for a nice price during one of the many amazing Steam sales but, honestly, I think the reviews/ratings on Steam are pretty unfair. Some of the ones on there for MV seem like they were written by people who felt personally offended by something that happened on these boards and decided to take it out on the franchise as a whole. Once burned, I suppose.

After using the first 3 DLCs that were released and seeing what is in store for 4, I honestly think the cost is more than appropriate. Generator parts alone are worth it. It takes a lot of time to design and get a single part to work appropriately in the generator. 

I guess people just love to complain. Human nature? But I learned those reviews (and all reviews, really) are a poor way to determine the worth of something. Anyone can say anything on the internet... and they usually do. 

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
FSM belong to Mack/Blue so I don't like the fact that it will be a paid DLC

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Even if Mack/Blue made the larger version and was getting a cut?

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Well it is a bit awkward. They made all their sets available for free even the vx version. Im ok with paying for it if  Mack/Blue get their cut. They contributed so much to the rpg maker community. A lot of the best german rpg maker games from the early 2000's wouldn't exist without them. Happy to see them back in RPG Maker business after their site was shut down.  

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Wold read, but I don't Japanese very well T_T ...

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm just trying to understand the FSM material. When FSM was up, they had provided the resources for free and their license allowed commercial and non-commercial use. If you still have those resources and a copy of that agreement, is that still okay to use; or is the previous terms now negated since it's being remade and sold?

Just trying to figure out if the resources I have from their now defunct site should be scrapped, or if they're still okay to use.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@amerk - well, seeing as how the originals were optimized for VXaces 32x32 scale grid, they wouldn't be very useful in MV without plug-ins and such. But these are already optimized for MV, I'm not sure if they remade them, or scaled them (although, it dose not appear to me that they resized them). So, being someone who is also out of the loop on the finer details of the EULA, I would be left to assume that the terms for the original tiles still stands as their specs are not optimized for MV anyway....I would wait for a mod though. :/

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I'm just trying to understand the FSM material. When FSM was up, they had provided the resources for free and their license allowed commercial and non-commercial use. If you still have those resources and a copy of that agreement, is that still okay to use; or is the previous terms now negated since it's being remade and sold?

Just trying to figure out if the resources I have from their now defunct site should be scrapped, or if they're still okay to use.

If I remember correctly the terms of use applies even after the site is down. It was one of their ToS. I talked to Yossy (one of the FSM members) briefly on twitter a while back and they are planning to build a new site again so it won't be too long I don't think.

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Either way u cant compare the new mv set with the old rpg maker 2000 sets. Its the same style but its totally different. 

They made some comparison screenshots u can view them here:

It would be a ******ed move to try to revoke the licenses from the old sets since i guess hundreds of games uses them and even some commercial games are using them.

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In fairness, terms of use can and have changed, albeit they typically only change going forward for people who don't already have a copy of the product. Sharm's comment is what made me wonder:

So if Mack/Blue was a part of this, I just wanted to clarify the previous terms of the old set versus the ones being made for MV to ensure that the previous set and terms was still allowed. I wouldn't want somebody to be banned for posting a game using material that was no longer allowed.

But I agree, it would be a dumb move to revoke the license of the old set, but for clarity sake it's still best to ask.

Edit: Thanks for the clarification Archeia, I missed your post, and it's good to know they are thinking of redoing the site, as I'm sure it would benefit a lot of people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kneeshaw

Kneeshaw Developments
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will we be seeing a second season?

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
May I use the two Mack maps on the first page to advertise the set on my blog? 

And there will be no link to post until it goes on sale on Steam, is that right?

(love this stuff!)

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can it be tomorrow already?! :)

"I want my D-L-C..." -Dire Straits, sort of.

-Mia

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am surprised you guys manage to contact the former artist from FSM.

cropots

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
It's already November 10. Where's the launch?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kctsteve