Snow Cliff

deadtuning

bloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please just slap me but I've been searching and searching and can't quite find it.

Looking for an edit of the MV RTP of the bottom set of cliff tiles of Outside A5 tileset to make them snowy. I just want a very simple snow cliff edit, including the little corner pieces.

I've searched the last week for something matching this description and I'm drawing a complete blank. But please slap me, shout at me, call me a big dumb dumb poop brain if I've missed it, because I'm almost certain I must have.

Thank you in advance ♥

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't say how much of a poop brain you are or aren't since I don't own MV but I'd be happy to give a try at editing it if you show me what you need.

Do you want the bottom cliffs to be snowy like the autotiles? Or more like what this person did in XP:

snowpass11.png

deadtuning

bloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am a poop brain because I forgot to include the image in the original post, oops haha

These are the specific tiles I'm talking about from the RTP (badly cropped, I've included the full image below the spoiler). Originally I was just going to say the bottom to be snowy like the autotiles, but the creeping snow effect is pretty cool too. They'll be used in conjunction with the default snow tile which is just an obnoxious completely white tile, so as long as it fits with that. I do like the idea of something like what that person has done in XP, but honestly even just replacing the grass for snow would be enough. I've tried doing it myself but it looks ridiculous. :(  Thank you for your time and anything you can do to help would be much appreciated! ♥

Full A5 sheet in case that helps or my crop was badly off haha

EDIT: forgot to say, I WAS using an RTP edit of these tiles that Kaus had included in one of his now infamous tilesets. I obviously don't know who the real creator is, whether him or not. If you'd like me to pm you a crop of just those tiles (or a screenshot of them used in one of my maps) so you can get an idea of what I was using just let me know. Obviously I can't and won't share it publicly but if it helps you get an idea of the effect I'm after I'll get a cap of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you could PM me with the crop and I can see if I can achieve a similar style (without copying anything of course)

Just let me know what you're looking for and I'll do my bestest to help :)

EDIT: And yeah, the whole tile-stealing thing sucks! Hope you never get involved with that type of person again here! ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:

deadtuning

bloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You're a saint :D  Thank you so much!!

DarkEspeon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NPC Do you still have the tileset? I'm looking for a tileset like that too and it's been a WHILE, until I found this thread.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@DarkEspeon Your post is ambiguous, so excuse me if I have misinterpreted, but if you are asking for the typeset by Kaus so that you can use it, please be aware that we do not condone the use of plagiarized resources.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Honestly, I've found that by shift clicking you can recreate all those cliffs in A5 by using the default wall tiles. It's a pain, but it can be done.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DarkEspeon Assuming you were hoping for the edited snow tile, here you go. It's really not difficult to do - just cutting and pasting once you know how the autotiles work.

And bgillisp is correct, you can do it that way as well.

Outside_A5_Snow.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rubbun