Status
Not open for further replies.

Excelsior

Self-Proclaimed Mastermind
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hiya! I have come to you all with a request!

The normal RTP comes with a bunch of cliffs you can use so that your map can have different levels, it's neat. At the very end of the A section, there's a 3x5 grid with grass cliffs and a sandy cliff (Figure 1). The problem is that there's just a grass one and a sand one. I need a snow one and I can't seem to find it.

Yes, I know about halfway up the A section there's a snow cliff (Figure 2), the problem is that's not nearly as helpful and actually causes me more issues then it does solve.(i.e. I can't buildings on top of it, since it separates the cliffs (Figure 3), and it starts merging with other cliffs when I don't want it to (Figure 4))

So my request is simple (I hope.), I just need a version of the MV cliffs in Figure 1, but with snow on them (like the one in Figure 2). 

Thanks! ~Excelsior

(Figures 1-4 in descending order.)

Figure 1.png

Figure 2.png

Figure 3.png

Figure 4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
There is no need for that ^^

All you need is so called shift mapping :3

This explains it rather nicely and you can use it just like that in MV too!

Very useful, not only for cliffs :D

Excelsior

Self-Proclaimed Mastermind
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There is no need for that ^^

All you need is so called shift mapping :3

This explains it rather nicely and you can use it just like that in MV too!

Very useful, not only for cliffs :D

Oh wow, you're right. I didn't actually know about that! There goes 10 minutes in MS Paint I'm never getting back. Oh well! Problem Solved!

Thanks alot!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kono