Falados

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hey this probably goes under like a resources forum page or something idk, but i was curious if someone has any uploaded new maps that we can add to the sample map list or something? i am terrible at creating maps and areas from scratch, i'm particularly looking for maps that are out of town areas that are for exploring and lvl'ng up ..

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure what it had to do with "snow" but I like the idea of a thread or subforum or something for a map exchange or something. Maybe this needs to go in "Site feedback"?

derekwst3

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
interesting idea, might save time making games, you can download other maps and do research on how they built there maps....

Falados

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
or if someone could create some snow area maps "NOT CITIES" and post a screenshot that i could use that would be great also :)

ok actually what i'm going to do is take a sample map and change stuff around on it like forest to swamp or ice or whatever... but i'm having

troubles matching some stuff, i have no clue what was used to make some things... like if you open "mountain village" sample map, you will

see that it has like brown ridges to show high points and stuff, i see what looks like the exact same image in the editor a forest topped one,

a snow topped one and others, but when i click on the snow topped one and try to click it on the map to replace it, it doesn't replace it smoothly,

it takes off some shaddows and everything else, but other things that are the exact same things that i'v used before just smoothly replaced

what ws there, so i'm not sure what was used.... even if i try taking the forest topped one and sticking it over the one on the map, the green grounds

have a sandy boarder and everything it just don't mesh well so any help here? hope thats not TOO confusing lol

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so basically you're attempting to take the Mountain Village sample map and convert it to a snow village.

The problem you are running into is the way the autotiles work. To get shading and the "levels" of the ridges, you have to use the "shift-right click" technique.

Here's a thread from when I was trying to figure the same thing out. http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/977-autotile-issue/page__hl__+shift-right%20+click#entry10064

And one thing to keep in mind, when you are trying to use the shift-right click technique, you have to have the "draw" setting on the pencil. If it is on anything else, it won't work right.

Falados

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
your correct as to what i'm trying to fix, but its not working to shift/click either that or i just plain dont know how to do it.... or maybe i'm using the wrong set of tiles for it.. let me try to explain what is happening, ok so i am using the top of the tile thats called "ledge snow" the skinnier ones that kinda look like trees not the big forest/dirt ones that are at the bottom of the A5 tile page, so when i click the top tile for ledge snow and try to use it on the map, it has the ledges and stuff fine but then when i go to plain snow tile it overrides all ledges and merges the top ledge into the ground level, and when i placed the snow ledge i was holding shift key and clicked the tile onto the map and it still is getting overridden by the plain snow tile...

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I'm with you. I'm not sure that there's an easy solution to what you want to accomplish, since there is not a snow version of those A5 tiles. If I have any time to fiddle with them, I can maybe work some up for you, but I have no idea if I'll have time.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found a snow sample MAP in rpg maker vxa RTP But unfortunately its of a town :D ..... But there aren't much houses.... so u can edit them quickly :D

Latest Profile Posts

It's been a while since i posted so here's something i've been working on.
Game_Mockup7_6.png
Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace

I've decided to stop buying candy in supermarket and bulk buy 4.5kg of candy. The disadvantage of that is, now I eat a lot of candy. -_-
Microsoft has consumed Activision Blizzard. Makes me wonder if they're gonna make Blizzard Blizzard again.
HexMozart88 wrote on AphoticAmaranth's profile.
Your profile pic's face is my current mood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dignus93