Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I actually derped up and did not rename it to SnowGather.v2.js But when I did rename it deleted it added it fresh there is no parameters no help files nothing. 

EDIT: Just checked the .v2 (the period) breaks at least on windows and trashed the entire plugin so bad even when I load it she calls for this:

aBtPP4X.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sn0wCrack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
英語
I actually derped up and did not rename it to SnowGather.v2.js But when I did rename it deleted it added it fresh there is no parameters no help files nothing. 

EDIT: Just checked the .v2 (the period) breaks at least on windows and trashed the entire plugin so bad even when I load it she calls for this:

aBtPP4X.png
Yeah, look at the post again, I just found out RPG Maker MV really doesn't like a file name to have a period in it.

Remove the script from your script list, delete the current file and re download it.

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Everything works perfectly :) Thank you!

I will have to play a bit more later on with something more advance again like the timers etc. 

You could always change the harvest chance to bonus chance or something fun too now that you have it setup this way you could do a lot of fun things via the picks.

min 1 max 5

bonus chance 100%

would give you min 2 max 10 for example.

Something silly anyways to think of later.

I'm going to also I assume I just add a 2nd event not sure to give rare chance of say a gem :)

But this is perfect things are working well for me now :)

Sn0wCrack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
英語
Everything works perfectly :) Thank you!

I will have to play a bit more later on with something more advance again like the timers etc. 

You could always change the harvest chance to bonus chance or something fun too now that you have it setup this way you could do a lot of fun things via the picks.

min 1 max 5

bonus chance 100%

would give you min 2 max 10 for example.

Something silly anyways to think of later.

I'm going to also I assume I just add a 2nd event not sure to give rare chance of say a gem :)

But this is perfect things are working well for me now :)
Good to hear its all working now, that suggestion has been in my mind for a while now as well, just didn't bother implementing it.

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
any chance of getting a version that doesnt require mvcommons

Sn0wCrack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
英語
any chance of getting a version that doesnt require mvcommons
It's required for a reason.

Any reason you don't want to include it?

And if you are going to use the TimeSystem portion of this plugin (the best part in my opinion), then you'll need it anyways.

Sn0wCrack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
英語
He seems pretty salty about it.

@MuteDay:

Let me explain why MVCommons is a good, annoying and a necessary thing all at once:

MVCommons is pretty great when you have a ton of scripts all relying on MVCommons, it's great that the devs don't have to implement code that someone already has, it makes file sizes smaller even (well, a minuscule amount, but hey)

But I can understand just wanting to have 1 plugin and then being annoyed you have to download another one just to use it.

But the thing is, most scripts have a "Core" script, the thing is that MVCommons is meant to combine the broad range of utility functions to every script maker for MV, so we don't have to implement these same functions over and over, and each of use have a "Core" script with what we need, when we all have the functions anyways.

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
alright well have a good time and thanks for the replies, and i have orange time and date which no longer requires mvcommons

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
alright well have a good time and thanks for the replies, and i have orange time and date which no longer requires mvcommons
What is the dislike about it? You seem really against it for some odd reason though. It's a good idea to create a commons library to keep everyone's code down more and to increase compatibility. 

Sn0wCrack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
英語
Fair enough, just seems pointless to implement all these functions again for no reason. I mean, it would be nice to know what you don't want to include MVCommons in your projects.

And you obviously have some kind of programming experience to do this, so you must understand the importance of common libraries.

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
yes i understand common llibraries but i do not use them myself because i dont share my code very oftin

Sn0wCrack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
英語
yes i understand common llibraries but i do not use them myself because i dont share my code very oftin
Common libraries don't really have to do with sharing your code, just simplifying it and not reinventing the wheel whenever you go to make a project. I just feel like your putting in extra effort that you don't need to spend.

Your reasons for not using MVCommons are kind flimsy to be honest, but this isn't really  the place for this discussion.

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
well ill just make my own version and ill get off your topic

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
lol I'm so confused. Entitlement over 9000!

Sn0wCrack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
英語
lol I'm so confused. Entitlement over 9000!
I wouldn't say he's being entitled, he is doing the work himself in the end.

But I would say he's not explained himself as to why I should remove MVCommons as a dependency, nor why he doesn't want it in the first place.

I use it mainly because I wanted to avoid using eval in my code anywhere, just in case something could potentially happen there, and the PluginManager functions are a pretty nice replacement for the old Imported object everyone would make.

dinomanjj

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This seems to be a great plugin, my only problem is that there is no crafting plugin to go with it yet. Maybe it would be a great idea for you to make one to go with this, or add crafting as a feature with this one.

Sn0wCrack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
英語
This seems to be a great plugin, my only problem is that there is no crafting plugin to go with it yet. Maybe it would be a great idea for you to make one to go with this, or add crafting as a feature with this one.
This could be another project for me unless someone else comes along soon.

DarkSlayerEX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I would like to know if there  is a way to set up the following mechanic..

Antidote Herb can be picked by hand, but has a low chance of being harvested. However, with say a sickle, their harvest chance now increases, and quantity range goes up. Further, if you have a better tier harvesting tool, it increases chances and yield even more.

I am not sure if this is a mechanic that is already doable at it's current stage, or if it might need extra functions implimented.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well turns out I'm not going to the fair... COVID cases way too high in my state. Instead I'll just go to Chuck E Cheese's and transfer all my tickets from Orlando to my normal PlayPass wristband.

The Sinners who Never Sinned thread has been approved by the moderators! Thank you so much!
:ewat:

index.php
I oughta set up my itch.io, but I'm like, uugghhh I DON'T WANNA. :kaocry: Why does errything feel like such a chore right now? I don't wanna just complain tho, so y'all got any hot tips for how to make a really pretty, sexy, sweaty, flowery itch.io page? BEST TIP WINS. :kaoluv:

Also here's a beautiful nymph to liven up the day for y'all! (No it's not me.)

alice_nymph(old).png
Hello again, guys! Today, I come to you with not one, not two, but THREE new emotion busts for Ramona!
RAng2FPS.gifRAng5FPS.gif
Anger

RWin2FPS.gifRWin5FPS.gif
Wink

RCry2FPS.gifRCry5FPS.gif
Crying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrymon