SnowMV - Simple Gathering

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Sn0wCrack, Oct 24, 2015.

1. DarkSlayerEX

DarkSlayerEX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Actually, Here is the flow I would have set mine up with..

Dialogue to choose harvesting tools

Harvesting animations/sounds/event stuff

Output harvested materials/tool breakage windows.

I have a feeling other people might like to do this if it is possible to simulate.

I don't mean to be a bother with this, I just feel like this would make an excellent addition to your already wonderful plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
  2. Sombracier

Sombracier Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    I spend many hours to understand your plugin, make many tests, but it don't work... Please help me before I become crazy... ^^'

SnowGather.js (Version: 2.1.2)

MVcommons : ON

SnowGather : ON (Hand Tool ID : 5)

Items :

- 1 Wood

notetags :

<Harvest Minimum: 1>

<Harvest Maximum: 5>

- 2 Wood +

notetags :

<Harvest Maximum: 2>

- 5 Hands

notetags :

<Harvest Chance>

1: 100%

2: 50%

</Harvest Chance>

- 6 Axe

notetags :

<Harvest Chance>

1: 100%

2: 70%

</Harvest Chance>

Event :

plugin command: SnowGather true [1,2]

With this, my character can't harvest something, there is nothing, not even a message ingame. During my tests, if I press F8, he say : "Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function"   "/E:/RPG%20maker/Project1/js/plugins/SnowGather.js:9"

I try this plugin on a new project with just MVcommons, but don't work.

By the way, how do you use <Repspawn Time: x> ? I must add an another plugin command after SnowGather true [1,2] ? (and add "this" to the first plugin command for OrangeTimeSystem plugin)

Another question : If the player mine a copper vein, there is a small chance for player to have a gold ore too, if the player mine a gold vein with the same tool there is a great chance to have gold ore (of course) and a small chance to have cooper ore, it is possible to do that with your plugin ? (having many pickaxe, axe, etc.. Is not very convenient)

Thank you for this plugin (even if I fail to make it work), this kind of plugins are very cool. ^^

3. Sn0wCrack

Sn0wCrack Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    英語
    You know what, I completely forgot that the tool choice dialogue is there now, my bad.

I actually might add something for this then, I could probably just run a common event passed then, I'll get to this tomorrow or the next day.

The error with line 9 can only be an MVCommons error, make sure MVCommons is ABOVE SnowGather in the list.

To add Time Support with respawn time, add OrangeTimeSystem and its dependencies (that is OrangeEventSystem) ABOVE SnowGather and BELOW MVCommons in your plugin list.

You add <Respawn Time: x> to the note section of your event, and then change the current plugin command to: SnowGather true [1,2] this

You don't add anything else and it should all work from there.

There is no way to define 2 separate instances of a chance for harvesting an item within different events as they all run off of the same values.

4. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    Ah, I see. Well, Like I had mentioned before, It might be better to incorporate the option to choose out of a number of common events through the "SnowGather true [x] ce[x] this" function. this way any event you want can have it's own special animations, Harvesting plants, mining, fishing...

I've seen some plugins make use of the comment-text make things happen. Perhaps you could do that for modifying chances within a single event?

Edit: Also. I would like to mention that cancelling the menu might cause the common event/other event to play regardless, unless you set the variable to a new option: 3 = Cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
  5. Sombracier

First Language:
    French
    I have found my problem, MVCommons was outdated, now it work, thanks.

So it's impossible to do something like this ?

"SnowGather true [1,50,2,70]" or "SnowGather true [1,2] [50,70]"

So item 1 have 50% to drop and item 2 have 70% of drop and the drop chance can be improved with the tool.

6. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    I think that is already implemented through the item notetags..

7. Sombracier

First Language:
    French
    Yes, but  with the item notetag you can't change the drop chance for this kind of thing :

If you do something like "SnowGather true [1,2] [50,70]" you can change the drop chance for different event who do the same things (small copper vein, great copper vein, etc...), if you use the item notetag, even if it's a small or great vein, the item drop is the same.

(maybe I don't explain right, english is not my native language, sorry if you don't understand what I try to explain)

8. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    You hadn't specified different types of harvesting points in the post that I quoted. You had only mentioned different tools. I did not see the earlier post.

Yes, I had also already asked about the same thing as you then.

9. Sn0wCrack

First Language:
    英語
    The event would run after the select had taken place and was confirmed (which is the only way in code to get to the actual processing part of the plugin), so I'd be fine

You are able to make a single event be used more than once if you want, just takes some eventing and if you want to use respawn times, the enabling of the manual self switches.

10. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    Oh that's good. Though I was also referring to as it is now. If you cancel, it will continue to follow through with the event's data. for instance if you have the event toggle the self switch on after harvesting regardless of if you fail or not, it will disable the harvest point if you cancel. However, I'm sure that won't matter soon. Just wanted to bring it up as an issue that I currently found..

I'm looking forward to the common event update.. It will drastically improve my harvest points. =)

11. Sn0wCrack

First Language:
    英語
    I've added this feature now, you can the common event can be called like this:

SnowGather require tools [recieveable item ids] commonEventId thisIf you don't want to use a common event on the harvest event, then you can leave it out and use the same Plugin Command as before.

12. DBDragoner

DBDragoner Veteran Veteran

Have you thought about adding a simple demo for your plugin? It might help clear up a bit of the confusion. I didn't understand OrangeTimeSystem at all until I played with his demo. Now I have my own custom setup. I really love your plugin, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do. I'm reading the forum comments and the plugin help commands. I'm slowing piecing it together, but its not easy.

Edit: Yay, I finally got it working. Had to add the word "this" at the end of the plugin command. I'm now have the issue of the respawn feature not working. I do have all the required plugin. I copied and pasted from the help file just to make sure my spelling was correct. I put <Repspawn Time: 1> in the notebox of my event. Nothing I do will make it respawn.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
  13. Sn0wCrack

First Language:
    英語
    * Repsawning Events: * * In order for an event to actually despawn and then respawn after the allotted * time, you must first create second event page, on this page you just have to * have the self switch for "A" checked as a condition, leave everything else * blank.Do you have this setup?

14. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    <Repspawn Time: 1>

needs to be

<Respawn Time: 1>

As for the common event update..

I seem to be having trouble getting my common event to run.. I have a common event a ID 1, and when I run the command like so:

SnowGather true [1,2] 1 this

it brings up the window, and gives the results, but completely ignores my common event...

I downloaded the latest version, and refreshed the params, while testing with a fresh project, with only MVCommons.

..Honestly can't tell if I'm missing something silly here..

15. Sn0wCrack

First Language:
    英語
    Nice catch on that misspelling, completely missed that. Thanks.

I seem to have accidentally changed something on the production version and not the one I was testing with (I swapped the inputs on the Gather function), should work fine, sorry about that.

16. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    I know what you mean. Threads are riddled with different variations of scripts and typos. But that's just the way things are in life.

The latest update is loading the common event now. Hurray.  There is just one other issue I've run into. For some reason, the output text window is showing up before the common event finishes.

Not sure if I'm missing something for that one either.

Regardless, It's already quite an improvement.

Thanks for the work you've been putting in to implement all of the things I've been asking for all this time.

17. Sn0wCrack

First Language:
    英語
    Hmm, this could just be an RPG Maker concurrency thing, it likes to do 2 things at once a lot, I'll look into what I can do about this.

18. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    Also, I was curious as to whether the selfswitch should be toggled on before or after the common event should finish. I honestly feel like it should be after. I just can't tell with it running parallel.

I'm asking because you can set movement patterns for the events using "this event" through the common event, and If I wanted to change the way the gathering point looked during the harvesting(using turning and such through movement route), It would need to be done before selfswitch 1.

19. DBDragoner

DBDragoner Veteran Veteran

Yep. Second blank event page with condition self switch A checked.  I'll try using <Respawn Time: 1> instead of <Repspawn Time: 1> and see if that works. I copied and pasted from the help file so I'd have it right, but if its a typo in the help file then hopefully this will make it work.

Edit: Renamed it and it fixed my problem. Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
  20. Helyx

Helyx Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Hi,

I have a problem when i try to harvest something... :/

http://prntscr.com/90ywyv

I'll try to give you the maximum of informations, I hope you'll can help me ! :)

This error pop in the console at the same time (no error before trying to harvest: 

http://prntscr.com/90yxo2

My plugin command in my envent:   SnowGather true [6] this

The item N°7 is the one I use to harvest. It has the following notetag: 

<Harvest Chance>

6: 75%

</Harvest Chance>

<Harvest Maximum: 3>

Please help, I really want this awesome plugin to work :)