theoryoferin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Resource Type: Tileset

Maker Format: MV

Art Style: RTP-matching, or close to it. Something that won't look out of place with resources from the RTP and FSM DLC.

Description: I am looking to construct a very large mountain range. Lots of snow. I have a decent collection of snow-covered trees and other decorations, but the A-Tiles are very lacking, other than the autotile, which I'd like to avoid if possible. I would prefer if the rocks could be more of a cool tone / gray color, similar to the ones in the reference photo.

Reference Images:
1594157749946.png

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FSM already has free snowy mountain/forest/village tilesets up on their blog website for free:

theoryoferin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm still looking for something with more of a gray / blue / cool tone to the rocks -- but that gives me something that I can definitely work with a little better.

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm guessing it never came up while searching because of the non-English text.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm still looking for something with more of a gray / blue / cool tone to the rocks -- but that gives me something that I can definitely work with a little better.
I believe they have some grey mountains in there as well. Just look around the site and I am sure you will be able to find them, :)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you find a resource you like, but with the rocks the wrong color, it's easy enough to edit them to be a similar color to what you posted.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I edited these out of my cave walls, I hope they are what you need:
mountains_Avery.png

Terms are the same as in my resource thread.

You will have to put some of them on A5 and some of them on B and 1 tile high walls might need a further edit, but depending on what you plan for your map they should work well.

theoryoferin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Those are exactly what I was envisioning! Thank you so much, Avery!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know this is solved, but just want to give you a heads up that mack himself made snow cliffs recently, in case you need more variation!

theoryoferin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Variety is always excellent! Thank you for the heads up. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

@wrigty12 hi! thanks for showing interest in my work. Sadly the tablet I'm using broke, so I wasn't able to create anything for weeks. Got a new one with display, I'm still not used to it though, so I'm still practicing, doing basic drawings again. Also I'm in my last year of college. Thesis, projects and other activities takes most of my time ;_;.
I'll get back to it whenever I get a free time.
Any artists here planning on participating in the Inktober art prompts this October?
It's right around the corner.
It's rpg maker related so I'll post it here, I worked on a little free rpg maker zine and this was my piece. Play Grimm's Hollow if you haven't already, I liked it a lot. (i don't remember if posting a link to a product even if free is allowed via profile posts, so if anyone knows lemme know)

Suddenly arrived to work and got the pink slip on a contract O_O wait, did i forget something??? (sobbing in corner rn)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mordei