So for my next project, what version should I use?

Ivockrenim

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Should I use Mv or Vx Ace? I kind of want to use Vx ace because some of my favorite games were made on it; But I just want to know what's best.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently unavailable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on the game you want to make. Plan the features of your game beforehand, proceed with a rough idea of what you want to do. Do some research on scripts and plugins used to achieve those features and see if they're available for the engine you want to use. Also think about assets. like, would you rather use the size of MV characters or Ace characters. And see which engine has more/better resources for your game. And last, see which one you're more comfortable using. It might take some time to get used to a new engine.

Celestrium

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ivockrenim, I don't think an answer can be given without more information honestly...because the answer should reflect what you personally want to do for your game project and which engine would be better suited for it. Both are great engines, and I would like to mention MZ is being released as well and something you might want to consider (if you were not aware). What are you going to do yourself and what assets are you going to utilize from other creators, and are those assets ready for one version or the other, do you have the skills to alter those assets if they are not questions like that. What things are most important to you in a game engine? Are you going to use the built in assets and if so, which do you like better? I personally am building my project on MV...

Ivockrenim

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, I'm not even done with my project I'm doing right now, so I should wait until I finish it.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, you should probably finish your current project if you're well into development. There aren't that many differences between RPG Maker engines to justify most switches mid-projects.

Sanrie

Potato Head
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bisaya
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really depends what ideas or plans you have. They're basically just the same but uses different grid sizes format, tho you can port it to android and other devices in MV(IDK if you can also port games in older versions).

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty biased, but I'm going to say MV. Unless you're really good with Ruby and not with Javascript, have some VXA assets you somehow can't use in MV, or have some plugin/script/whatever for VXA that has no MV equivalent, I can't think of any reason to use VXA over MV if you have a choice between the two.

MV has better fullscreen, flexible resolution optoins, multiple port options, more modern resources, and is more modern so it has better support.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here is the choice.

If you have no idea what you're doing (you don't know much about RM, can't write your own plugin): MV (or wait for MZ). The previous RM support is kinda dying. You won't see a new script written for them, at least not very often. The resource being made and all.

If you know what you're doing: Pick whatever you're comfortable with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!
Excited to be nearing the end of setting up my own custom Point-And-Click system template! Just need to iron out some kinks, get an input text system going, add animations to buttons, and then finalize my button-mashing event system and it'll be complete >:3c
AlcTheHero wrote on Mystic_Enigma's profile.
hi.
Still recovering from my laptop's transformation into a brick. I hope to be back to making soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabbingquirker