Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Download my music pack here. Contains 45 tracks for instant use in any RPG Maker engine.

Oh man... It's always a hassle when I newly enter a forum and I'm making my personal music thread because, well, there are a lot of f'ing tunes I've made thus far and I want to share all of them with you. But I guess I'll just give you a little example of what I am capable of and update this thread every time I finish something new. And there's always my Soundcloud you can check out if you want. All the links lead to my tracks on Soundcloud by the way. :)
Long post ahead but well... here goes:

Most recent pieces can be found here and onward.

Battle Themes
Okay, I must admit, battle themes are probably my favourite kind of video game music. And as such I really like to make my own ones. I guess you could say, I kinda specialized on making battle themes but... there aren't really very many I've made so far. Nevertheless, I want to share all of these with you guys. :)

"Fighting Madness"
First regular battle theme I composed. It uses synth instruments and is fairly simple for what it is.

"The Impediment"
Corresponding boss battle theme to "Fighting Madness". Fitting with synth instruments and again fairly simple.

"Launch at the Enemy"
Second regular battle theme I made. This one does not use the synth instruments I used before and thus is a little different as the other battle themes.

"A Desperate Attempt"
Again a corresponding boss battle theme to a battle theme I composed. Again without synth but some "regular" instruments instead. And I'm pretty proud of the intro to this one. :)

Area/Location Themes

Themes to be used for various kinds of places. This section includes town and city themes, dungeon themes and general area themes.

"Forest Sanctuary"
This still has to be my favourite out of all the tracks I've made so far. I don't know why but I can listen to this on loop for hours.

"Machine Gone Mad"
Another one of my synthesizer tunes. This one's supposed to be used for some kind of futuristic factory or some such.

"Peaceful Village"
I'm still not good at peaceful and happy songs. This one was my very first try at something more happy than a dungeon or battle theme.

"A City That Lies in Twilight"
Ah yes, the saxophone. I think this one's my second song ever to use that instrument. Fun fact: I used to play the saxophone for quite some time until my teacher retired and I moved to another city.

"Taking an Effort for the Future"
Ah, I love my sophisticated titles. Makes my music kinda unique, don't you think? This one's a proper dungeon/city theme. "/city" because it doesn't work with every type of city. It would have to be some Fallout-style dystopian city or something like that. Still, I think it works better as dungeon theme.

"Where the Bones of Ancient Kings Reside"
My most recent tune. I wanted to try out something different and decided on an oriental-style dungeon theme. And I think I got the "oriental" pretty well covered.

Other Themes/Misc

The tracks here don't really fit in either of the prior categories, so I decided to put them here into the misc category. These songs can be used for various purposes as you will see... or hear.

"Nightmare"
One of my earlier songs that came to be by just me playing around with the synthesizer. Can be used as character theme, as dungeon theme or pretty much for anything that involves something sinister and dark as a "Nightmare".

"Objection!"
Yes, I know what you're thinking and you're right. This is a Phoenix Wright-style Objection theme. This one was actually a request from a friend of mine and he was pretty satisfied with it.

"Confronting Evil"
The name pretty much say it. This one's supposed to be the theme of the evil force that threatens the in-game world! ... If it is a futuristic world, that is. Because this one uses the synthesizer as well.

"Girl from Far Away"
This one was a late birthday present to fellow composer and artist Noyemi. Basically it's a character theme. Nothing more to it.

Alright, that's it for starters. If you want to hear more of my stuff be sure to check out my Soundcloud. If you want one of my songs to be featured in your game, shoot me a PM and we'll work something out. I also do requests if you happen to have some and if you happen to like my style. If you have any further questions, just ask and I'd be happy to respond.
And as always, feedback, advice, and constructive criticism are very much appreciated. :)

Terms of Use

All of my work is free to be used in non-commercial projects. Just be sure to credit me (Kaimen) in any way if you decide to use my music. If you happen to use some of my work, I'd be happy to be informed about it. As for commercial projects and usage, please send me a PM and we'll work something out.

Until the next update! ~ Kaimen

Last edited by a moderator:

Maradon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
You’re a great composer at that!  You’ve got a lot of talent.  Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.  I’m sure there’ll be plenty of people that put it to good use.

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You’re a great composer at that!  You’ve got a lot of talent.  Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.  I’m sure there’ll be plenty of people that put it to good use.
Thank you very much! :)

I really hope that my music can be of use to the community. It's that hope that drives me and makes me want to compose more and constantly improve my work. ^_^

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... since I started a new line of soundtracks, a new direction in which I want my soundtracks to go style-wise I think it would be high time to update this thread for once after a long time. Now, here's the story:

After finally sorting out all the issues I had with FL Studio I finally moved back to using it as my primary means of noise-making together with my better orchestral VST, Miroslav Philharmonik. The result is the above mentioned "new line" of soundtracks that came with a huge boost in confidence which also made me think about maybe going commercial (but that's for a different time). Here are now, the first three of this new line of soundtracks. I hope you like where my style is going and I'd be honored to fulfill commissions once I sorted everything out properly. :)

"Mysterious Places"

This was the first soundtrack I composed with FL Studio after over a year of using Logic Pro X instead. Compared to the other two, this one was mainly made to test out the orchestra VST since I hadn't worked with it in a long time. As a result, it's very simple and short.

"Castle of the Fiends"

The first thing I thought when I opened up Miroslav Philharmonik was "finally I can write tracks that use the violin as leading instrument". This VST's strings are amazing for what it actually costs (however the brass is crap though :p ). And listening to it after it was done I realized that I've been somewhat influenced by the soundtracks I'm currently listening to a lot.

Also, what I found neat was that someone described this song fitting a "Sherlock Holmes villain". That's exactly where I want my style to go! :)

"Great Ruler of the Dark"

Another piece with violin and harpsichord. Yeah, you can tell I love those instruments right? This is also my favourite out of the three. I didn't really have anything particular in mind when composing this. The only thing I did have in mind was the bassoon melody that was inspired by one of the soundtracks from "Fantasy Life".

Alright, that's it for now. I will definitely keep this thread up to date from now on. :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
These are good.  I can see why your friend thought of a Sherlock Holmes villain, lovely touches of melodrama in there, kept in check so as not to undermine the piece. 

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
I didn't knew you have a thread here too. =P

Your music really sound RPG'ish ~ so I think you got into a right place. (=

They really reminds me of some old-school RPG games and such. =P

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update with more new stuff! :D

"Puzzles"

This one was inspired by the "Professor Layton" puzzle themes. I've been wanting to compose something like that for a long time and finally, I did it. I was also told that it sounded somewhat like the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" although I think that's just because of the instruments. :)

"Noble Lineage"

As the name implies, this is a theme for an evil aristocrat. It's got the harpsichord and everything. :p

"Unconventional People"

Sometimes... there are just people who seem weird at first glance. But upon closer inspection... they're even weirder than you thought. This theme tries to reflect just such people - "unconventional" people.

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sheesh... I need to remember to keep this thread up to date... :D

"Home of the Merfolk"

Fellow composer Iron Croc actually asked me to try and make a calm and relaxing soundtrack in one of his streams. Well... I pretty much took that as a dare and I'm happy to say that he was actually pleased with what I came up with. Taking that as a dare certainly motivated me and made me finish this in about three or four hours. And boy was I surprised when I found out that I can do peaceful songs, too. :D

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, after having something peaceful and relaxing I now have a battle theme for you. And imagine, it uses the harp. :p

"Ready your Weapons ~  Battle Theme"

If you have a look at my Soundcloud, you'll see that I have a thing for battle themes. However, I never made a battle theme with this orchestral VST. And still, this does not use the orchestra exclusively. It's a mix between my two styles and I think it worked out quite nicely. For the next battle theme I'll try to use orchestra only. :D

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And after a, for me, quite long phase of not composing anything I present you with this! 

"Mansion of Many Mysteries"

I thought I was having an uncreative phase... Well, I just sat down and composed. And this is the result of me distracting myself from being uncreative. I guess I wanted to make something scary sounding but I also guess that that didn't really work out. So... let's just say we got a kinda-spooky themed song here.

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good news everyone! Just a few days ago I finished a pack of 45 soundtracks composed by me for instant use in any RPG Maker engine. I am proud to announce that this soundtrack pack will be free for non-commercial use so, feel free to use them to your heart's content.

Here you can download the pack. :)

As to what's in this pack... well, just scroll up and you'll get an idea of what you can expect. ;)

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man, that's great, you really got talent! I just have finished my first demo on RPG Maker MV, and I've already chosen the songs, but for my chapter 2, I will look at your collection for good songs too. Congratulations!

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man, that's great, you really got talent! I just have finished my first demo on RPG Maker MV, and I've already chosen the songs, but for my chapter 2, I will look at your collection for good songs too. Congratulations!
Thank you very much. :)

And I really love to hear that my music will be of use for you. Nothing makes me happier than my music being useful. ^_^

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You've sure improved a lot since I first saw you on the Post Your Music thread, keep up the good work! :)

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've sure improved a lot since I first saw you on the Post Your Music thread, keep up the good work! :)
This means so much to me coming from you. Thank you very much! And don't worry, I'll do my best to improve my work even further. :)

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*does an 8-bit update dance*
Ladies and gentlemen... let me introduce you to a new and upcoming collection of songs! Introducing...

Kaimen Retro!

A few days ago I announced that I would work on some chiptunes and today, right now (actually a few hours ago but who keeps track) I have finished the very first song of this very retro collection. If you're a fan of the sound of the good ol' days then this is for you!
All I can say is: Enjoy! 

The creation process of this chiptune was very similar to how I normally compose. I just start with (or without) a rough concept and just go from there. As a result, most of the time I have no idea what the heck I've actually composed. Same with this tune here. I guess it would work well as character theme for the antagonist(s) or maybe as a dungeon theme? No idea. But I do know that I did quite well on this one. And that's a good sign for further chiptunes to come.

Also: ogg file for use in RPG Maker will follow shortly. ^_^

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With "Kaimen Retro" I want to try and provide a good, retro 8-bit music pack with everything you need to make a game. And naturally, this also includes battle themes. Now, this might be my first 8-bit battle theme but I think it still sounds pretty decent for what it is. Especially when you want to be as authentic as possible and only use four channels just like it was back in the day. XD

Anyway, here it is:

Atlas Rose

Jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These sound great! It's hard to pick a favorite, but I think it'd be Castle of Fiends. I'm gonna have to keep you in mind for future projects!

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These sound great! It's hard to pick a favorite, but I think it'd be Castle of Fiends. I'm gonna have to keep you in mind for future projects!
Haha, thank you very much. It's always nice for me to know when someone likes my music. Really makes me smile~ :)

Also, "Castle of the Fiends", really? Normally everyone goes for "Great Ruler of the Dark" - at least that's what I observed so far. XD Anyway, you keep me in mind for future projects. And let me know if I can do anything for you or if you have any questions. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rizal_afand13