They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi it's me again, sorry for all the posts as of lately
I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
I'm not sure if their is a script for one or if I have to event it.
I want to make chase scenes where you have to hide from the monster or you lose the game. Can you help me with that or know of a way that I could do it would also like to add the effect of being able to hide from the monster so it would have to go into your room. Please and thank you so much

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd once tried a very basic evented version where if you were hiding in a cupboard it would activate a switch that set the monster's movement to Random so it would wander off, but if you were not in the cupboard the switch would shut off and monster's movement would set to Approach so it would chase you. That worked fine for the basic thing I was doing, but you'd need something more sophisticated if you want the monster to go to a specific destination while you're hiding.

It also meant that you could climb into the cupboard while the monster was right there watching you and it would still just wander off. My monsters weren't smart.

alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd once tried a very basic evented version where if you were hiding in a cupboard it would activate a switch that set the monster's movement to Random so it would wander off, but if you were not in the cupboard the switch would shut off and monster's movement would set to Approach so it would chase you. That worked fine for the basic thing I was doing, but you'd need something more sophisticated if you want the monster to go to a specific destination while you're hiding.

It also meant that you could climb into the cupboard while the monster was right there watching you and it would still just wander off. My monsters weren't smart.
yeah i want my monster to be smart and scary

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbird1993