So, I messed up already. lol

Midyin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
AmericanEnglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I made my World map all jammed up into the upper left corner. Is there a way I can sellect the entire land mass, then copy and move it all to the center of my canvas?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like you just need to reduce the size.

TakeHomeTheCup

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just remember to make a copy of the map for backup just in case something goes wrong when resizing.

RishigangiX

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can right click on the map in the editor and use the "Shift" command. You can then select the X and Y coordinates for moving it. It'll move the entire map along with the events.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
True, but if there is that much unused space, wouldn’t it be better to reduce the map size?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only if the map is finished. The OP may want to add more stuff to the left or above what's already there, and there's no room to do that.

But yes, once the map is done, if there's still a lot of empty space above and to the left, move the map in the same way, to remove all the emptiness, then reduce the size to remove the emptiness to the right and below. But make a copy of the map first in case you get the numbers wrong.

Avoid the temptation to plonk your usable map in the middle of a very large sized map and leave the outside blank, as bigger maps require more processing so will affect your game's performance.

Midyin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
AmericanEnglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, RishigangiX and Shaz hit the nail on the head. I want to add more to my world map, so I want to make the canvice bigger, and move the Continent out of the left corner and someplace more in the middle.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So is your issue resolved now, with the responses given?

If so, just report your first post and let the mods know it's solved, and they'll lock the thread for you.

In future, try to give your threads meaningful names. "I messed up already" is really ambiguous and doesn't give any clues as to what the issue was. It helps us if the thread titles give an indication of the issue, and it really helps other people in the future who might be searching for an answer to the same problem, as the search results will give the thread titles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjrocks2000